SambaPOS 4.1.24 Released

Dear @Emre, my change price button is still missing…

Thanks and sorry…

G.

It should be under Move button and you should be an admin user and you should upgrade to 4.1.25

ok, upgraded to 4.1.25… I am not an admin… but I used to see that button, or at least i tought so…
sorry.

G.

Yes you are right. Non admin users was seeing this button but it was not clickable. Instead of displaying a disabled button we removed it. However there is a workaround with rules if you also need that for non-admin users. I think search will help you to find that topic.

I will do that!!!

THANKS!!!

G.

This was discussed here Discount Authorization
Because Change Price is not available to non-admin users, we decided to use an Automation Command button with Admin Pin to allow users to change price without having to logout/login each time.
Same for Discounts at Payment screen. You can now use {:NumberPad} in the payment screen to apply variable discounts with Admin Pin authorisation.

Thanks @JohnS, I saw that, the only problem is that I am a little bit lazy today to try to implement.
I will give it a try tomorrow!!!

THANKS!!!

G.

1 Like

hi Emre, we talked about it before about the “Change Price” issue - i realy need the option that employee could change price and i dont want them to be admin, maybe we can compromise that in settings - we can select “can change price”?
right now all my staff are admin…

:slight_smile:

@mayase, give me 30mins and I will detail how to use Automation Commands for this.

Hi @JohnS
no rush, thanx :slight_smile:

First, you need to add [:Price] to the Update Order Action

Then, create an Automation Command Button called Change Price, and Map to Order Line.
If you need Admin authorization, then set Confirmation to Admin Pin.

Finally, create a Change Price Rule, add Update Order Action and set default Mapping

To use, select item, enter new price and click Change Price.

PS - This method of changing the price can also handle multiple selected items at once.

Note: If you do not want the Change Price button to appear for Gift or Locked (Gift Certificates) items, then in your Change Price Automation Command Mapping, set Enabled States & Visible States to GStatus=

2 Likes

@emre, we may be able to make this a little better, in that currently you cannot set price then select Item as {:NUMBERPAD} is empty when you click Change Price. Not a big issue as I think the workflow on this is good anyway.

Update - This is the same behavior as the normal Change Price button :smiley:

@emre, the date expressions work great. So easy to set new dates, and if you use negative numbers, it counts backwards :smiley:

hi johns, I can explain how to work with dates,
example, how do I make 28/03/2014 + 5 and get out 02/04/2014?
thanks

[=FD(ADD('{TICKET DATE}',5),'dd/MM/yyyy')]

emre thanks, it works perfectly!
What is the difference between ADD and ADM ?

ADD - add days
ADM - add months

Hi @JohnS , the change price automation works!, although not in order you listed: first i need to set new price in numberpad, then selecet item, then press change price

What version are you using?
Are you sure your are using the automation command button ?
If your an admin user you still see the original change price button.

Hello @mayase. If you also configured order tags for that product yes you need to type price first.