SambaPOS 5.2.11 Beta Release

I don’t understand. May be we look this in to a DB backup. Something different from our DB’s. @markjw Can you send us ?

@VehbiEmiroglu it does the same thing for me. We don’t need a backup.

Normally we expect quantity to be null when order added through graphql. SambaPOS determines the quantity. If user types a quantity (1 or something else) on numberpad we set that value as quantity. For zero priced products we use that value as price. However in sourcecode I saw an addition that checks the quantity and use it as price if value is greater than 1. Do you remember why we did that change?

It will work fine on next update. Also added a new feature to add multiple zero priced products by using X separator.

2018-08-20_13-44-56

1 Like

I uploaded new version of Beta 5.2.11. @markjw Especially this order tag problem. Please update and give feedback. Thanks.

2 Likes

Here I posted a small example for updateEntity.

2 Likes

Regarding this request:

I added <height x>content<height> tags to format individual button heights.

For example I can change settle button Header.

and it appears like…

PS: May not work for all buttons but fulfills the original request.

4 Likes

Thanks emre!! And thanks for all the updates and big fixes your working through so quick!!

Feels like the forums back again :grinning:

7 Likes

Forgot to mention latest update contains “Auto Message Server Discovery” feature. If you don’t enter a message server name in local setting SambaPOS will try to find message server ip in the network. You can leave message server name empty and test if it can connect to message server fine or not on restart. This is experimental for now. Only tries to discover message server on first run. I’ll improve this feature for all products that needs to know message server ip to operate.

PS: This feature works if message server is configured to run with + sign.

5 Likes

I decided to use *5,1,5,10,20,50,100 for default. I don’t want to surprise people who are familiar with the SambaPOS Screen. I also slightly changed defaults. When no currency symbol is configured it will display amounts by using system currency symbol. To disable currency symbols it needs to be configured as “*5,1,5,10,20,50,100:{0}”.

So this is how these buttons will appear on default install.

1 Like

Awesome feature updates. Now you need to program a siri like assistant that can configure any feature by voice. haha

2 Likes

BTW Thank you very much for the payment screen improvements. I will be trying them live at my food truck tommorow. Big thing I am waiting on atm is the Gloriafood qty issue and CC processing then I can go live like a forum hermit and just troll newbies.

2 Likes

Haha… I’m trying to complete what I have and go back to SambaDNA project :slight_smile:

btw I’m enjoying it a lot. Programming SambaPOS is great fun. Maybe we should have SambaPOS feature update week on every month…

4 Likes

Yes I am sorry I havnt been able to provide much feedback about the DNA project with restaurant and now food truck and the side resell business I am so busy… Once I pay off my food truck investment I think I may hire someone so I can have free time again.

1 Like

We’re waiting for the legal stuff. We expect to release 3 different integrations on next months.

What is qty issue?

I think forum should crowdfund his salary :slight_smile:

Current version of Gloriafood official integration file… aka one he gave me in private message and is still not official… if an order with multiple qty comes in… like 2xBBQ Nacho it records it just fine in Sambain but on SambaPOS when it builds ticket it always just puts 1 qty of the item making entire order total wrong and sending wrong kitchen print too caused me a big headache other day.

1 Like

I want to clarify I am using a newer version of the integration that I dont think is really released yet. He fixed a few issues I gave him.

1 Like

OK. I see. If it is something related with Graphql @VehbiEmiroglu will let me know so I’ll fix that asap.

1 Like

The version I am using is a standalone program vs using the entity screen like old one did. It is MUCH better the only issue is that qty issue and I gave him some feature updates I would like that I think he is working on.

1 Like

Yes Vehbi allocated a long timespan for Gloria Food updates in our monthly plan. We’ll fix all issues.

1 Like

If this works on the left column ticket buttons it will be really good - few times I’ve wanted to change height of them but wasn’t any method.

2 Likes