SambaPOS 5.2.11 Beta Release

Why don’t I have access to this topic?

Not to confuse new users unreleased features are discussed in a private group. I added your account to the beta group. You should be able to access now

2 Likes

Thank you Emre, for adding me to the beta account, I spend at least 3 hours on SambaPOS everyday, and have been doing so for months now, and everyday, I learn something new!

Regards,

Somil

1 Like

This latest update breaks my save ticket action on settle. I use it so the ticket has an ID for printing barcode on the receipt;

This happened on a previous update and this is the workaround I am using that no longer works
Save Ticket Action
save%20action

Rules:settle

Why not change your printing flow to print after ticket closed? I do that, I use a State flow for auto print.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: How to format Automation Command Button Values

Perfect, thanks Emre understood and works perfect now thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

@silentbob can you explain what is no longer works?

I second that, it will be very useful and we are going to start testing with it. One thing I’ve noticed is that with SambaPOS V5, if you take an early release then compare to a latest one, definitely there it will run a bit slower with some lags on the same hardware. This of course is expected with any software over time as new features are included, but as a reseller it is very important to be aware of this too, since if you supply a system a few years ago then you upgrade to latest release, it’s good to be able to be aware of this and test if possible. Like even a year or so ago, we sold a lot of Linx 1020 Windows 10 tablets, with Intel Atom CPU and 2Gb RAM, they worked reasonably ok, but after the recent touch screen issue that came with a windows update, we had to update some of those customers to 5.2.5 or above, and have received feedback that they notice more lagging now than before. These days we avoid any hardware with less than 4Gb RAM especially when running Windows 10 and this does rule out a lot of 10" tablets especially the cheaper models.

I noticed the same myself, one of our demo systems in the office is running a Celeron 1037 CPU, 2Gb RAM and Windows 7. Earlier V5 ran much smoother compared to more recent versions - indeed a few years back we used to sell V5 with these POS terminals and still have customers using on them. I do note that now the minimum spec as stated on the KB site is Celeron J1900 which is the most common in use today for POS terminals, but it’s important to keep in mind many may be using systems from a few years ago or if they use tablets as the main system (which many people do due to cost), technically most Windows tablets are under the “minimum spec” as on the KB since they use Intel Atom CPUs.

So definitely its good to test for any slowness or lagging with automated testing as we need to keep aware of the hardware we and other resellers will use. But also good to mention for SambaPOS devs to keep in mind as we don’t want to be in a situation where standard POS terminals are not powerful enough to have a smooth SambaPOS experience.

1 Like

Send me the lagging database for review.

Its a generalisation, not a specific one. It has been reported with a number of different ones. Usually I make sure all windows settings are set for “best performance” and set the auto sizing option you implemented. I’ll send you one later that a customer has recently reported as lagging on a Linx 12X64 tablet with 4Gb RAM and Intel Atom x5-Z8350 processor running Windows 10 64bit. It should be on v5.2.5 or v5.2.7. I will get a recent backup from the client later.

I had a strange thing happen in this version today. I was running a trial on one of the clients and I set permissions for the barman to do a few things. The system kept on giving the barman full access even if I untick the admin when creating the bar user.

It worked for a few mins then gave the barman all admin access

How do you know? Did you disable some features.

@silentbob I found one of your old backups you sent me and understood payment screen does not displays. I added a new setting to Display Payment Screen action to display screen after saving ticket fully completes. On next update you can enable it to solve your problem.

3 Likes

I uploaded a new beta version (5.2.11) Please look at to first post for new features. Thanks.

1 Like

Is the new download at the top of the page?

Yes true at the top of this post.

1 Like

@emre the issue i have with doing a price change is still there, even though i select the order to change price and add an order tag its still updating ALL orders on the ticket.

Here i only selected the first order on the ticket to change price from £4.00 to £2.00 with order tag added as Manager Discretion but it has changed all three orders

It also does the same for order line discounts when selecting the “reason” from the command menu that appears from pressing the auto command button

Can you reproduce it on the backup I sent you?

1 Like

Wow that is a cool feature… small I know but thats a great step for easy usability. As a reseller being able to provide self install kits is huge and little features like this contribute greatly to that. @VehbiEmiroglu @emre great job on recognizing that. I hope to see more features like this.

1 Like

So does that mean. It would print direct to network printer not installed in Windows?