SambaPOS 5.2.13 Beta Release

No I never thought that. It calculates fine. Why you want to use calculations instead of order tags? Calculations are ticket based not order based.

It seems more logical to me to have it as a total discount about for that offer type rather than some orders being discounted to one amount and others to 0.
And that generally seems to be the common way of displaying for most supermarkets, offers like that show separately by subtotal as total savings under a perticular offer.

@JTRTech maybe my demo is confusing. I don’t think you’ll want it to work it as a ticket calculation. At least you need to print discount amount under orders to show which orders are discounted.

Can’t we display sum of “Buy 2 Drinks for $1” order tag?

And then exclude each discount tag from being printed?
I guess to me it doesn’t present as 2 for $1 it looks like buy two get one for $1 and another free.
I know it’s same result just reads odly to me.
@markjw is it just me?
Worst case if sticking with tags in your example I think discounted price should be even so discount should reduce each to 0.5, but then what happens if it was 3 fornow$1, personally still think it should be a calculation.
Orders shown full price with calculation showing discount for each offer type.
Maybe it’s also because of the way we account for promotions where in samba it should be shown in accounts as discount.

I didn’t implemented it yet but to be able to implement promote cheapest option we need to sort orders by price and apply discounts order by order until we reach the target price.

Ok that explains the logic behind it. Although as far as I can see you seem to be discounting most expensive first.

For x for $y the cheapest aspect is irelivent since total isn’t effected.
Cheapest free is x qty for y qty or or often called buy one get one free or similar. Is where that’s a factor.

If colectivly as calculation even with cheapest fee you don’t need to discount of specific order lines.

Yes it doesn’t make a difference while calculating the discount but sorting still be useful if there are 3 drinks with different prices in ticket and we need to choose 2 of them.

I didn’t implemented it yet but we’ll have an option to sort orders by price ascending or descending.

Maybe “add tag price to order price” option will work better for you.

2018-09-06_01-13-00

I do understand what you mean, we are used to seeing things in a certain way on receipts. You use Tesco as an example as do I, but it isn’t the only way. I have seen differences at different businesses and some outright strange ways. But yes it is common to see all discounts at the end of the receipt, I guess for supermarkets this is important because it shows the saving to the customer clearly.

I agree that discount should be applied equally across those discounted items, this makes sense to me, also considering for calculating profit.

Some of this is really just down to receipt formatting, you could probably accomplish displaying in different ways on the receipt to meet your needs but how it actually works / is calculated is different.

There are pros and cons for showing at the end of the receipt, like you don’t really know what items have been discounted. This is true for Tesco format.

Went through some receipts I have to hand, you can see different retailers display in different ways.

@emre this wouldn’t be right, because in that example, buy 2 drinks for $1 you wouldn’t make one of them free and adjust price on the second, you need to distribute the discount across all items being discounted.

any one tried to change print bill job with last paid orders , i did but ticket not printing as expected.may be need more work . also select payment orders action - in which rule we need this to work ? still trying.

What will we do if one drink is 0.40 and the other one is 1.60?

@JTRTech maybe calculation is a better fit for supermarket cases as tickets creates and gets paid at once but I’m trying to implement something useful for Restaurant cases. Just think about implementing a happy hour promotion with ticket calculation.

I know you’re aware of it but people will probably think it is not possible so … by using {ORDER TAG TOTAL EXP:X} tag we can add total savings line in receipts.

Wouldn’t it be nice to show us the expected printout and what it prints instead?

It will work in the Automation Command Executed rule that executes when you click on the Split automation command button you added to the payment screen. Probably you’ll want to execute move orders after that to move selected orders to a new ticket. Finally you can execute Display payment screen to take user directly to the payment screen of the newly created ticket.

1 Like

In this case, how about there is a Buy 2 drinks for $1, the drinks are different price, then the customer wants to split bill and each person pays for one drink. That is a big headache! So in that scenario, for equal benefit to all parties, you would want to make both drinks as $0.50. But that could cause a lot of issues with cost/profit reporting.

So, I want to say 0.40 is 25% of the total and calculate like that, so

0.40 - 0.25 = 0.15
1.60 - 0.75 = 0.85
=> 0.15 + 0.85 = 1.00

That equally distributes the discount across all products.

But that doesn’t work with what I said above about splitting bill, and would end in an unfair situation for one customer. So like you say, getting something that works for typical scenarios in restaurants is not so straightforward.

I don’t know what is the best way really. Maybe we should look at other POS software that implemented this already that is being used and see how they do it, and also how it works when you split?

thank you, Nothing printing some reason may be my setup for ask printing rule . unmapped the rule but printing whole ticket as before

Show screenshots of your setup. Your making us have to guess.

I tried this but it seems to only work on “Unpaid” ticket, not on “New Orders” (after adding orders the ticket has to be closed, opened again and settled).
Not a big issue though, you usually don’t need to split a ticket you just created in real environment.

The other thing is that I don’t know how to load back the original ticket after partial payment is made. I thought the action saves it’s Id as a setting so I can Load Ticket and Display Payment Screen but there is no such setting in database. Do I have to store the ticket’s Id in the splitting rule “manually”?

For my setup this is by far the greatest function aded sice v5 release. As I have to register each sale with Financial Authority in Czech Rep, I run a script that communicates the data with their servers and saves a unique code that has been assigned to thie ticket which is being settled as a ticket tag.
Until now there was no convenient way to do partial payments and register each sale separately (except for splitting a ticket from orders screen).

Thanks a lot Emre :wink:

New 5.2.13 Beta uploaded. I added release notes to the top topic.

New expressions added to REPORT ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DETAILS report.

@stroodl

You can create Save Ticket action and ensure ticket is saved before splitting orders.

Store Next Ticket Id is a simple Update Program Setting action that saves the ID of the ticket to memory.

So we can access ticket Id with NEXT_TICKET setting.

For example when a ticket is closed and if NEXT_TICKET is set we can clear the setting and load the ticket.

1 Like

I added distributing discount feature for promotions.

2 Likes