SambaPOS 5.2.13 Beta Release

Ok thanks emre but could you do the same thing for product search too? Because product search sometimes doesnt work and i have to restart the system. If we get the whole product list like the way you displayed customers list and we would be able to select the item to add into the ticket it would be really great.

1 Like

I setup autoprint on any payment if its being processed but when i split order and press cash and credit card payment button samba print 2 copies of bill. Could we define something like tendered amount equals to ticket total inside the autoprint rule?

Add a new category to menu, name it ALL and re-add all products you want to see. So when user clicks all it shows all items.

Try adding {REMAINING AMOUT} Equals 0 constraint. You can use all ticket print tags to fetch ticket values inside a rule.

I’ll be glad if you can create new topics for non beta related questions.

1 Like

I uploaded a fresh build of 5.2.13 Beta. Please look to the first post for changes.

3 Likes

No emre you didnt it correct. Sometimes if i type in any keywords it doesnt work no item comes up on the screen. Search feature doesnt work at all sometimes. And i end up restarting the system.

Please check caps lock before restart that may be the cause.

No thats not the problem i know for sure. @RickH i think he know about this problem aswel.

How many items do you have and how many are named similar names? My guess is your using Sambapos for something it was not meant to be used for.

What is it your trying to do? I don’t remember anything

This is extremely exciting for me… One query I have is how sequential ticket numbers are handled if the person makes a deposit payment to secure their reservation.

Here in Mexico at the end of each month I need to submit to the tax office a list of all of my tickets and the payments made. How could this work if someone reserves on 28-SEP (paying a 50% deposit for their reservation) and then comes in 4-OCT “to eat in my restaurant” and then needs to pay the final bill (potentially making changes to their originally reserved “food items”.

So you’ll sell “Reservation Deposit” item and make a purchase for it. When you create real ticket you’ll void (for refund) deposit item and create real items.

btw I don’t know why Tax Office cares payments. They’ll generate tax from tickets.

I added formatting for Check-ins and No Show.

Are you guys assigning a table number to a reservation on check-in or do it before check-in? I mean I’m trying to find the right moment to convert reservation pre-order tickets to real tickets so an additional command will not be required. At what point we should create tickets?

In our experience you need the flexibilty for both.

People do need/request particular tables so these need to be allocated at reservation. However to make maximum use of tables allocation is also done at check-in time to enable tables to be turned around and re-used.

Maybe not the answer you needed lol

1 Like

It’s more that I couldn’t process $100 on 28-SEP using one ticket number, and then process another payment on 4-OCT using the pay ticket number, but I can see that using this system it would be two different ticket numbers which is perfect.

It have a restaurant where i installed samba and they have more than 250 items. When they wants to quickly search a item from a keyboard which is already in the menu, so the search feature sometimes work and sometimes doesnt. So now tell me what to tell them restart every time?

HI @emre We use a cloud based table management system in our shop which enables our customers to book tables online as well. The system is configured with a set of rules on allocating tables automatically in the backend and creating a run sheet. It also allows us to change the table allocations at any stage.

We check in a client when they walk in. Also accounts for every clients booking history from the point their details were entered into the system. If need be I’m happy to share my login details for you to have a play with.

250 items wow I would hate to be the cook there that’s a lot to keep up with. How do they prevent spoilage? I would imagine having over 250 items is what slows it down or breaks search. It’s really a restaurant with 250 items I just can’t imagine that wow.

It’s not a restaurant is it… The screenshot shows dunhill lite 20s which will be cigarets.
Categories shows thinks like baking products, canned and detergents.
@Faisal why don’t you use a barcode scanner, 99% of retail products will have manufacturer barcode.