SambaPOS 5.2.13 Beta Release

@emre I am following your reservation. I would like to build a version for catering reservations and maybe a reminder system. A way to schedule and plan catering gigs with custom catering menu.

1 Like

Heck it may be possible to build a food calculator into the system. We have access to all the data we need.

@Faisal 250 items is nothing. I tested it with at least 10K items while trying to implement something for a motorbike parts shop. I mean having 250 items won’t lead to an issue. SambaPOS won’t stop searching because it programmed poorly by unqualified people. There must be a reason of it. In fact this is the first time I heard search feature randomly stops.

However that rarely happens. Due to SambaPOS flexibility a specific setup may lead to an issue that nobody noticed before. One of the benefits of our community is trying to resolve such problems and everyday we’re implementing / testing many features and finding reasons of issues on different setups with the help of real users. If you want to help us to solve issues you’re in the right place.

Unfortunately regulars of this forum are not SambaPOS staff so if you need to contact to SambaPOS staff reaching them through support@sambapos.com will be a better idea.

2 Likes

That have happened to me with caps off, I have needed to search the products with caps on, my products have a capital letter in the first letter.

Soft drinks+sweets+beverages+indian dishes = 250 items.

That screen shot was only a example and it have 4 restaurants that are using sambapos.

I mean no disrespect to anybody here or blaming samba. The only thing i asked is it would be great if we get any feature similar like customer list thats all.

@Faisal this topic is not suitable for your questions. Please create a new post for this. Thanks.

2 Likes

Here is a quick preview of Reservation Screen.

Adding New Reservations

Here we can both create new reservations and update existing reservations.

Creating Pre-Order Tickets

These tickets used to keep a record of orders and deposit payments.

Adding Deposit to a Pre-Order Ticket

%50 deposit calculates by default. We can change it.

Check-ins

Selecting an order and clicking on an available table means customer checked-in. However reservation ticket does not convert to a ticket at this point. We can change reserved table or toggle checkin by clicking blue tables.

Converting Reservation Ticket to Regular Ticket

Blue color on table screen means table is reserved so it is not available for other customers. When we click on table number reservation ticket converts to real ticket, orders moves to new ticket and deposit amount added as a discount. For now I used rounding but I’ll create a separate calculation type for that.

Payment type for deposit is Cash for now. We can improve it for the Payment Type selection.

This is how reservation ticket I created for John Doe 2 changes if a deposit payment is made.

I’ll try to find a solution for linking reservation contacts with customers. Maybe we can create a customer entity while creating real ticket.

7 Likes

I assume it all will work fine if a pre-order ticket is not created?

Of course it will work fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Emre
Wow looking good - it would be nice if you popped in a calendar control for the date :slight_smile: as you can see it always a bit clumsy entering dates (well I am at least).

Can any of this stuff be used for Expiry of Entities, Expiry of Entities Accounts or even lower to Expiry of Account transactions :thinking:

I agree Emre, I always wished we had some touch screen friendly date and time picker, especially for reports. Anyway we can please invest some time in this if possible? Its always a pain to train users to use virtual keyboard for entering dates.

2 Likes

New Editor types added.

6 Likes

Im assuming it was updated to that for reports section too? Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!

It’s an editor widget. What do you mean reports section.

Date picker on top right. I guess we could just build our own custom entity screen so its great either way!

Custom Keyboard does not appear to work properly in latest build.

I have an extra column of letters A, B, C, D down the left, but they don’t show and oddly the backspace and enter keys do even in my code they are not supposed to have a 0 between them.

"<panel #FF74A6E2><color Black>A</color></panel>=A","1","2","3"|"<panel #FF74A6E2><color Black>B</color></panel>=B","4","5","6"|"<panel #FF74A6E2><color Black>C</color></panel>=C","7","8","9"|"<panel #FF74A6E2><color Black>D</color></panel>=D","<ds>","0","x"|"<backspace>","<enter>"

I tested some other custom keyboards I have, they also don’t display.

For example, this one taken from a build around a couple months ago:

Now in latest build, it is not displayed properly:

1 Like

desc.txt file is not being deleted when database backup is run. The file is inside the zip as expected, but is not deleted after the zip file has been created.

This has been happening for the last few versions I just didn’t report it.

1 Like

@markjw Thank you for reporting. It will work fine on next update.

btw you can use <background blue> instead of panel. It will render better.

2 Likes