SambaPOS 5.2.13 Beta Release

A fresh build of 5.2.13 Beta uploaded. Please read first post for changes.

By next update we’ll display beta indicator on footer for beta versions. Beta versions will also expire in 120 days after release date so don’t install them on production if you’re not aware of what you’re doing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

While I think this is a good idea in theory, in practise it isn’t so good unless the beta to release version is faster.

Right now we have had 5.2.13 for almost a month.

Is it possible to install 2 versions on the same PC side by side, because I use the same system for doing setups as testing. If not possible it means I would have to use another system for testing.

If there is a way to run 2 versions on same PC this would be more beneficial to those who test like myself and are a reseller, then we can keep both versions on the same PC, use one for building new setups and the other for testing.

So if there is no indication would you install beta on production? I don’t think so. I just want to prevent people to do it unknowingly.

Yes forum not a good place as before without @QMcKay. Even feature requesters does not post feedbacks. Well I think nobody reviews feature updates atm.

Yes it is possible.

-cs:<connection string> startup switch allows you to override the connection string so in theory you can have two installs working on separate databases.

3 Likes

I think nobody else has such an elaborate setup as him and so much free time to dedicate to the forum.

I understand what you mean, I do test things but usually only things related to my setups.

3 Likes

:pray:

That’s fine I mean we can release faster if people just let us know their issues are solved or not.

1 Like

It mentioned on release notes but for now don’t use Reservation Setup Config File as it needs some unreleased features. By next update I’ll post detailed information about usage. Thanks.

2 Likes

@emre im trying to do a promotion, 2 fishbowls for £10

I cannot seem to get it working? Where am i going wrong?

AmI doing the Order Tag right? I just created the tag? no mappings? :confused:

Cheers

Yes it looks fine. Are your menu item’s group is set to Fishbowls? Which version are you using?

1 Like

I wish I had the free time I did 2 years ago. I barely have time to sleep now. I’m sure once I get cc integration and get it back in myain restaurant I’ll have lots of stuff to test and give feedback on.

1 Like

I review changes but like others only really the ones I use and always feedback on any issues I’ve had if they’re now working or not, it again it’s probably due to time that I only focus on the changes that impact me

I’ll try and test others where I can :grinning:

2 Likes

No, i did it as Menu Category! I shall change that now! :slight_smile:

BRILLIANT! works, thanks @emre

1 Like

Very impressive feature. I have an issue here whenever tried to make a new reservation same day,same table with different pick time, SambaPOS crashes.

This is the error:

Did you miss where he said don’t use that yet? Reservation system not ready yet.

1 Like

Its not working yet, dont use it

1 Like

The default HTML Printer Template doesn’t make much sense… Its laid out well but why is this under ORDER TAGS format section?

<J00> -{ORDER TAG NAME} | -£[=F(TN('{ORDER TAG TOTAL}')*-1),'0.00']

That makes order tags wrong for just about everyone using SambaPOS… maybe this was a specific template from someone?

Example here is one of my tickets with that:

Additionally this does not work for most people:

<td width="25">{QUANTITY}x</td><td width="200">{ITEM TAG:Receipt Name} {PORTION: }</td><td width="45">£{TOTAL PRICE}</td>

Notice my orders have no name lol. I do not use ITEM TAG:Receipt Name nor does most users.

It looks like this template was copied from someone that built a nice looking template… but to make it a default HTML template you need to tweak it to work with default SambaPOS setup.

@emre I know you didnt do this? lol maybe @VehbiEmiroglu is culprit?

PS I love the look of it and I am going to modify it for my needs but this really needs to be modified before its put in as a Default HTML Template.

PS2: There are other parts of this template that should be modified as well that I have not mentioned specifically discounts. Obviously those were custom for a specific user. They need to be more generic if its a default template.

1 Like

I always used beta in production , than only i noticed issues while using/running. Without using live how someone know whats the issue. it means especially some one install and just try like demo ? , i think this is for developers/installers where they spend sometime on testing. however i decided not to install beta in future since last update , but i already installed and running live in 2 locations. thank you for the information .

1 Like

@Jesse default html template can be loaded by Load button. We don’t release it as a default template. It should have Samba Cafe - Istanbul header.

I released it to demonstrate some new features like calculating sub totals. It also auto resizes to paper width so I expect it to work fine with 58mm printers with few adjustments. Also it won’t have language / character set issues.

I remember the template you mentioned. This is coming from a forum question. I also used it to test some stuff but I don’t think I released it. If I released it by mistake you’re probably not using latest update. Or maybe you also saved it to test but forgot to delete.

Edit: I found it :slight_smile:

I also liked it a lot. Should we steal some ideas for default template? For example should we add headers to the order list?

2 Likes

I definitely think the default ESC/POS template needs improving, it was probably one of the first things I did when I started using SambaPOS. The default is just too basic, I think we should try to have a default that is similar to standard receipts being used in restaurants.

@Jesse that looks like my template I posted when I was having issues with alignment using html. I use ITEM TAG:Receipt Name as the description to print on the receipt on some names are too long to fit

Looks like someone from samba has used my receipt template??

I’ve Tweaked it again since too, I was going to create a new tutorial called Receipt Templates where I was going to post my setup with a picture of the actual printed output, and i thought other then could add their templates also so we could have a bank of different ideas and layouts from different people

1 Like