SambaPOS 5.2.15 Beta Release

I’ve have had the same even changing to existing database.
After restart it was connected to the one selected but still got the error message.

I think it’s triggering that event because it tries to switch db making it lose connection to the other one. They need to check that event.

Yes, or a too optimistic timeout

1 Like

@VehbiEmiroglu What does this mean? I feel like I should know but I don’t. Recipe and Navigation are two things that typically don’t go together.

1 Like

lol @Jesse Vehbi posted my source code commit message. That was something relates with preventing creating multiple recipes for the portion.

3 Likes

I was gonna test it i just couldn’t figure it out lol.

@VehbiEmiroglu Ive used this beta in production since the day you released it. No issues yet. I tested the limited features you posted and all seem to work fine. The only issue right now that would be worth looking into is the activation of Training Mode. It appears the database connection prompt that was added several versions ago interferes with Training Mode activation. It generates the database just fine and it works just fine but you have to hit cancel on the prompt which is confusing. If you dont hit cancel it just keeps coming up over and over… many people think its broke so they force shutdown and that messes up the Training Mode.

Awesome! a lot of areas can use that feature!

1 Like

Can we have an updated build with the latest features @emre has mentioned elsewhere a few weeks ago? I’m keen to try the product search I built with the new features Emre added for it.

Also can we have 5.2.15 released out of beta because I’ve had to use this beta release for a couple of clients in production due to the clone menu issue fixed in the beta. It doesn’t look very good to sell a new system to a new client with a beta countdown timer on the bottom, but I have no choice as I needed to use the clone menu feature.

2 Likes

@VehbiEmiroglu can we refresh the beta?

2 Likes

Ok today i will upload a fresh build.

Yes i uploaded fresh build and added new items to the first post. Thanks

3 Likes

@VehbiEmiroglu this version of SambaPOS wont start. The exe says its running but nothing ever comes up. I rebooted even and still nothing.

@VehbiEmiroglu can you please build next beta-Version with fresh translations from crowdin.com ? Thanks

1 Like

OK testing again this release

I tested with 3 diffrent computer and it seems ok. What’s the problem about your pc ?

I’m not sure. It just crashes soon as it loads. I’ll try again today.

@VehbiEmiroglu here is the error im getting.

Application: Samba.Presentation.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
   at Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocator.get_Current()
   at Samba.Presentation.App.get_TelemetryService()
   at Samba.Presentation.App.HandleException(System.Exception)
   at Samba.Presentation.App.AppDispatcherUnhandledException(System.Object, System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherUnhandledExceptionEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.CatchException(System.Exception)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.CatchExceptionStatic(System.Object, System.Exception)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.CatchException(System.Object, System.Exception, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at Samba.Presentation.App.Main()

I really have no idea whats going on.

Ive just downloaded the updated beta release and it installed and opened fine for me too