SambaPOS 5.2.29 Beta Release

That’s good! Have confirmed cookies are saved.

Memory leaks are huge when switching ES by clicking native ES tabs.

That Perfmon result shows Samba.Presentation.exe memory consumption increasing from around 250 MB after first viewing the ES to over 1GB in only 3 minutes of manual switching.

Interestingly though, there are NO memory leaks when switching ES via delayed automation.
I can run Exercise Controller doing lots of ES switching (including time delay for the HTML viewer to refresh the webpage each time) and the Process Working Memory does not continually increase.

If switching ES (containing HTML viewer) via automation, the number of CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess does not increase, and the GC is freeing the Chromium memory ok.

BUT when switching ES via native tabs (the UI thread?) the number of Subprocess shown in Task Manager continues to grow rapidly and consume lots of RAM.

Exercise Controller for tests:
ethos02_202002131337SQM.zip (1.2 MB)

A new Beta Setup uploaded. I fixed installer errors in Win7 32Bit editions.
Also LocalDB 2017 option added to setup.
@philbkk i saw that memory problem. Still working on it. In next release i will solve that.

OK! The different behaviour when using automation compared to UI ES switching is hopefully a hint … I also wonder if it is related to async void methods (which are causing the other memory leaks) ??

No, i found the situation. This is different i think.

OK. Good you found it!
Is Invoke Script supposed to still be working?

I think i solved the memory problem in using Chromium Engine. You can test this.
This is the most stable release of 5.2.2.9

Vehbi I installed it with SQL Express 2017 localdb and it installed just fine. Installed SQL Express 2017 but when you load sambapos it loads without a database.

Ok i will control this again

I uploaded a fresh build and solved that problem

1 Like

popup browser does not work

He is working on a new version.