SambaPOS 5.2.5 Release

:arrow_down: Download: https://sambapos.com/?wpfb_dl=200

:warning: Don’t forget to create a backup before installing new releases. You’ll need a working backup if you need to rollback to previous version.

What’s new in 5.2.5

• Languages updated
  • An information form appears after 500 ticket in demo mode. With this, demo user contact with us easier
  • MessageServer changes for mobile client.
    • Automation Commands query with all mappings
    • Entity search by Entity Type
  • MessageServer has own version with this release. Now it’s 5.2.5.1
  • Popup problems in Windows 10 Touch Machines solved. So you can touch the area of popup messages after closing it.
  • Inventory calculation in EOD problem fixed.
  • Report expression nested operator fixed.
  • Get default warehouse problem fixed. So now SambaPOS selects default warehouse from visible warehouses.
5 Likes

@VehbiEmiroglu I have tested upgrading 2 test DB’s the first one with 6 months data is returning this error:

The second one with controlled data upgrades to this version no problems.
Both are on V5.1.60.

How can I upgrade the first successfully?

Did you modify VersionInfo table ?

I recall on this Site there was a error on Load about different version some time ago. The version info table may have been edited to get around this error?

How do we recover? The DB has been backed up as I am testing the upgrade on our DEV machines which have been upgraded to V5.2.5 i.e. restore old DB into this version.

Did you remember which version do you test ? It updated your database so now 5.2.5 wants to update it again. And you see this error.

Sorry I do not understand that reply?

I still have the live original versions so just need to work out what I need to change before upgrading to avoid this error. I think it is a minor version change due to a version that Emre produced for me during an implementation of FILE MON.

Ok I will control database migration files and find the updated version of you have. After that if you want i will connect you via anydesk and solve this problem

Oh thanks VehbiEmiroglu but before you spend too much time let me have a look later today to see if I can fix myself.

I appreciate prompt responses.

Ok thans Paul. Waiting your reply

@pauln it says it can’t add DepartmentId column because it already exists. It shouldn’t happen as DepartmentId added at 61 version. That probably relates with a downgrade from 61 to 60. try removing departmentid column from accounttransactionvalues table manually.

1 Like

Are we now able to create account document types? It was not.fixed in 5.2.4

Yes you can create it.

2 Likes
-----------------------------
[General Info]

Application: SambaPOS
Version:     5.2.5
Region:      en
DB:          SQ
Machine:     SERVER
User:        McAmen
Date:        7/18/2018
Time:        11:52 AM

User Explanation:

McAmen said ""

[Exception Info 1]

Top-level Exception
Type:        System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Message:     Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Source:      mscorlib
Stack Trace: at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Inner Exception 1
Type:        System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.DbUpdateException
Message:     An error occurred while saving entities that do not expose foreign key properties for their relationships. The EntityEntries property will return null because a single entity cannot be identified as the source of the exception. Handling of exceptions while saving can be made easier by exposing foreign key properties in your entity types. See the InnerException for details.
Source:      EntityFramework
Stack Trace: at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.SaveChanges()
   at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.SaveChanges()
   at System.Data.Entity.DbContext.SaveChanges()
   at Samba.Infrastructure.Data.SqlData.EFWorkspace.CommitChanges()
   at Samba.Presentation.Common.ModelBase.EntityCollectionViewModelBase`2.<.ctor>b__0_3(EventParameters`1 x)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.EventSubscription`1.InvokeAction(Action`1 action, TPayload argument)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.EventSubscription`1.<>c__DisplayClass2.<GetExecutionStrategy>b__0(Object[] arguments)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.EventBase.InternalPublish(Object[] arguments)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.CompositePresentationEvent`1.Publish(TPayload payload)
   at Samba.Presentation.Services.Common.ExtensionMethods.Publish[TEventsubject](TEventsubject eventArgs, String eventTopic, Action expectedAction)

Inner Exception 2
Type:        System.Data.Entity.Core.UpdateException
Message:     An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details.
Source:      EntityFramework
Stack Trace: at System.Data.Entity.Core.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update()
   at System.Data.Entity.Core.EntityClient.Internal.EntityAdapter.<Update>b__2(UpdateTranslator ut)
   at System.Data.Entity.Core.EntityClient.Internal.EntityAdapter.Update[T](T noChangesResult, Func`2 updateFunction)
   at System.Data.Entity.Core.EntityClient.Internal.EntityAdapter.Update()
   at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectContext.<SaveChangesToStore>b__35()
   at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectContext.ExecuteInTransaction[T](Func`1 func, IDbExecutionStrategy executionStrategy, Boolean startLocalTransaction, Boolean releaseConnectionOnSuccess)
   at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChangesToStore(SaveOptions options, IDbExecutionStrategy executionStrategy, Boolean startLocalTransaction)
   at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectContext.<>c__DisplayClass2a.<SaveChangesInternal>b__27()
   at System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.DbExecutionStrategy.Execute[TResult](Func`1 operation)
   at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChangesInternal(SaveOptions options, Boolean executeInExistingTransaction)
   at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChanges(SaveOptions options)
   at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.SaveChanges()

Inner Exception 3
Type:        System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
Message:     Conversion failed when converting the nvarchar value '801934B3ED81_A666_' to data type int.
Source:      .Net SqlClient Data Provider
Stack Trace: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption, Boolean shouldCacheForAlwaysEncrypted)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.Interception.DbCommandDispatcher.<NonQuery>b__0(DbCommand t, DbCommandInterceptionContext`1 c)
   at System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.Interception.InternalDispatcher`1.Dispatch[TTarget,TInterceptionContext,TResult](TTarget target, Func`3 operation, TInterceptionContext interceptionContext, Action`3 executing, Action`3 executed)
   at System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.Interception.DbCommandDispatcher.NonQuery(DbCommand command, DbCommandInterceptionContext interceptionContext)
   at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InterceptableDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at System.Data.Entity.Core.Mapping.Update.Internal.DynamicUpdateCommand.Execute(Dictionary`2 identifierValues, List`1 generatedValues)
   at System.Data.Entity.Core.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update()

[Assembly Info]

mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Domain, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure.Data, Version=1.0.0.0
System.ComponentModel.Composition, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Presentation.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.LayoutControl.v16.2, Version=16.2.6.0
System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v16.2, Version=16.2.6.0
System, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v16.2.Core, Version=16.2.6.0
WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Core.v16.2, Version=16.2.6.0
System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Persistance, Version=1.0.0.0
Stateless, Version=1.0.0.0
PropertyTools, Version=2012.4.14.1
Samba.Localization, Version=1.0.0.0
ReachFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
EntityFramework, Version=6.0.0.0
FluentValidation, Version=3.4.0.0
Microsoft.CSharp, Version=4.0.0.0
Omu.ValueInjecter, Version=2.3.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation, Version=1.0.0.0
DevExpress.Data.v16.2, Version=16.2.6.0
WindowsInput, Version=1.0.4.0

[System Info]

Operating System
-Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
--CodeSet = 1252
--CSDVersion = 
--CurrentTimeZone = 120
--FreePhysicalMemory = 819020
--OSArchitecture = 32-bit
--OSLanguage = 1033
--ServicePackMajorVersion = 0
--ServicePackMinorVersion = 0
--Version = 10.0.17134

Machine
-SERVER
--Manufacturer = Dell Inc.
--Model = Latitude E5540
--TotalPhysicalMemory = 3409272832
--UserName = SERVER\McAmen

I am still getting that same error. I can’t create accounts documents types

You must update metriK first. I wrote that. Please download and reinstall metriK again.

1 Like

Okay, let me download it now. Thanks a lot

Thanks it’s now working

1 Like

I am delighted to say that all fixes in this update relevant to my recent posts have been tested and work well. The Versioning error was a simple fix using SQL Studio and dropping the row as suggested.

Our team express there thanks to @VehbiEmiroglu for assisting.

Emre it so good to have you active again - I know it might just be a short time - BUT with all respect to the new DEV group, when your around there is a different feel here :grinning: and I am encouraged to put effort back into the forum.

Many thanks, Paul.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.