SambaPOS 5.7.2 Release

Para que publicar una versión que aún no está bien.

Para quien es el diseñador de reportes? Serán escasos los clientes que puedan saber de dónde extraer la información.

No lo sé …

Pero se agradece el esfuerzo que están realizando.

Hello please respond in English this is an English forum. But to answer you. We released version 1 so people can see it and help shape it like we have always done because we feel our customers are #1.

There will be many versions after this with improvements based on feedback. This was a very basic version 1. Please try it and feel free to ask questions and give us ideas we are ready to listen.

We feel this was a “good” basic version ready to show and get some feedback from. Yes it’s not a final version I don’t think anything is ever final in Sambapos but that’s what makes us different we evolve constantly to help solve problems.

We will rapidly release improvements.

Hello, everyone.

Thanks Jesse for your comments. I just wanted to thank you for the effort you put in.

He pointed out that the report designer was more for those of us who work with sambapos because clients have no idea where to extract information from. I know that in the end it is up to us to teach our clients.

Thanks again. Like everyone, I continue evaluating to give suggestions in my humble opinion.

Thank you all.

Yes the new report builder is a work in progress as well. Its new and I think we need to add features one at a time so everyone can get familiar and have a chance to help us shape it so it solves needs of everyone.

I think you will like it but remember its not the same as the report builder we are all used too. This is new and mostly GUI driven, but I do think it will make a lot of people happy it supports many things everyone has been asking for.

A few explanations to get you started;

Select the table you want to report on,
Select the fields you want to include in your report on left,
Select how you want the fields sorted by on the right,
Type a name for the report and click save.

It will save this as a txt file in that local computer so you must view it only from this computer.

Next double click on the report to bring up the builder and press Show. It will show the report with default settings.

To customize the output and look of the report you can right click it and choose Design Report. This will bring up the GUI designer.

There are some tabs on upper right of this window for preview. So you can make changes and press preview to see it live.

Remember we will improve all of this. Some will change… some will stay.

Thanks for the explanations Jesse.
It makes a lot more sense now.

I look forward to the continued improvements of both new features.

This version appears to be fantastic so far.

1 Like

We have lots of exciting big plans coming and we absolutely love our community and hope to give back to it through top notch software and by listening to feedback.

1 Like

Hello guys, do users get automatically clocked out on end work periods?

Hello!

Does the new Customer Display App support Javascript? We use our self-designed Customer Screen HTML with a slide show in an idle mode (with some scripts). If I switch to the New Customer Display App, it stops working (white empty screen only).

It is not an app. It is just a new browser to replace ie. it is chromium engine

How to replace sambapos logo with own logo and total amount seems disappeared is this fixed ? any guide for new CD Display thank you

You can replace the logo.png in the images file. But you can’t replace the logo in upper left.

It is not a new CD it’s just to replace ie tor the custom printer.

sorry for confusion the logo in customer display i mean thank you

Yes in next version we will release this auto clockout function

Yes its a Chromium Engine powered browser. It’s use JavaScript V8 Engine. So you can use all JS libraries etc.

I had to add a 50px space at the top of my template to show the total again. I think the html page renders then the SambaPOS banner renders over top (thus covering the first 50px of your html page). I could be wrong though, lol.

Yes correct you can adjust from your html template

Is there a way to make it remember that it lives on the front display instead of having to re-sent it up each day? I restart my till PC each day.

yes in latest 5.7.2 setup we fixed that. you can use latest one

Awesome, cheers :+1:
I’ll upgrade tomorrow.