SambaPOS Caller ID Format - CTI Comet USB

Hi, I have explored the forum and found similar queries but none of the solutions worked for me so thought I would ask direct. I am using the CTI Comet Caller ID device to get the caller ID for our EPOS systems. So far this has worked without any issues displaying the number in the correct format but in one location the phone number seems to be appearing with a dash in the middle, e.g., 07123-456789 instead of 07123456789 as it should (and does normally in other installations using the same device and setup). See photo below for example of popup.

Capture1

I checked Tera Term to see how the CTI device was sending the number and the “-” seemed to be appearing here as well - see photo below.

When reading another forum post question I realised that this may be a characteristic of some phone lines in the UK? Nevertheless I wanted to try and find a solution to display the number without any dashes. One solution I came up with was to use a match pattern to ignore the dash. The pattern I used was this:

.{17}(.{5}).{1}(.{6})

The 17 is for ignoring protocol information as per the output of the CTI device, get the next 5 digits (should be 07123), ignore the dash, and then get the next 6 digits (should be 456789). However, when I tried this, only the first portion was displayed - 07123.

Was just here to see if anyone has any similar experiences and if there was any solutions anyone had? Thanks in advance.

Hi Shiham,

Quick search shows this has been discussed before at length.

TLDR: Making your own custom popup and workflow potentially may be a solution.

1 Like