SambaPOS Database Configuration

BTW that error is permissions you should always store backups outside your users folder. Or you could mess with permissions but it is not recommended.

Now to answer your question

Enter it from the dialog that is popping up that you showed in the screenshot. Then press ok it will make you restart SambaPOS.

Also those backups are CE not SQL backups…

This means you probably never were connected to your SQL server and it looks like when you tried to fix it you did set it to connect to a server you just set your string wrong.

OK…I didn’t realize I could make the change you pointed out in the message box.
I did that and Samba now opens.
Original issue still exists

You should change where it is storing your backups and make sure it is not in the users folder… then run a backup.

Best practice is to get an external HD that you can save your backups to. Several good USB ones exist that are very inexpensive.

This is where I start to feel really dumb.
I Have no idea where to fix it

PS: Here is an updated Tutorial showing how to setup and use the most recent version of SQL Express.

if the file is supposed to be a zip file…I may be good

1 Like

Yes it automatically zips it

OK…I’m goint to try to restore the file on a different computer which has the same version of samba and sql server as well

Sorry to get off task here but have to ask @Jesse ive seen youve posted a few screenshots where the standard grey background is now black, i assume an update for places with low lighting likes bars that was once requested a while ago?

Is this part of some new features being released soon??? :slight_smile:

1 Like

You may like this one better: (Finally someone asked lol)

I think I need to eat…nothing makes sense to me regarding the setup of samba with the backup file I now have on a second machine…

@natascafe What happened and what were you expecting?

Lol i noticed a couple of times but curiosity got the better if me, youre testing new updates then? Any others you can suprise us with??? :slight_smile:

@rickh before we hijack the thread too much more I will just say there will be a very big release soon. There are some things that are being worked on that will blow your mind. Lots of changes will happen and I think you and everyone will really like the work @emre has been doing. Lets just say the black theme is just one very small part of whats coming.

2 Likes

@natascafe take a break and eat some lunch or dinner and then come back and give us some more details of whats happening we can work through it.

Honestly I had no expectations…I can make the worlds best cappuccino but technically I’m about a 5 out of 10.
when I open samba on the second machine its untouched. I have the backup file. But I don’t know how to get samba to open using it.

You open Samba First then set the connection string to that computers SQL server. Settings > Local Settings > Database

Once connected you need to activate the module then load the backup from database backups;.

The backup module isn’t on the second machine…how do I get it there?

Is it connected to your SQL Server and does that computer have access to internet?