SambaPOS for pizzeria

Hello. I would like to have a special feature. To manage “recipe” during selling product (adding to ticket). Imagine you sell “salami pizza” but someone needs to change salami for ham. In this case you should change recipe “on the fly” to have warehouse working correctly. Is there some scenario how to QUICKLY reach this goal during selling?

Thanks!

1 Like

I would expect its going to be through order tags - do you use them at the minute?
You can have prefix for No and Extra and a list of options. and use the prefixes to say ‘No - salami’ ‘Extra - Ham’

You can assign a product to an order tag which would resolve back to inventory.
However not sure of a way to remove the ‘salami’ through order tags that will effect inventory as seems to me more or additions.
Maybe if you used tags for all the toppings on the pizza (sure you can set default tags)
Have the pizza recipe as the fixed ingredients - ie base, sauce etc. then all the toppings as tags allowing you to remove one topping and add another in its place… just a thought. Might get a cleaner suggestion from someone else.
Joe

1 Like

@QMcKay thanks for the like :smile:
Is it you or @RickH who have the ‘live’ inventory setup? - obviously inventory buff but my inventory experience is limited.
Was intrigued by the question as have a pizza delivery shop whos till I admin/help setup, they are only on basic V3 setup as their till couldn’t handle upgrade to win7 but are looking to upgrade and refresh the system
Would that be the best way to deal with removing ingredient from recipe for accurate inventory?

when you say ‘live’ setup i have:

• A button that you press after selecting an order to tell you the stock level
  • A warning appears after adding an order line if the inventory is below a set level

It was you :slight_smile:
I only asked as your obviously a buff on the inventory system for which I have minimal experience so far.

Order tags with associated products presumably deduct stock?

haha im not really, just learn as i go lol

yea order tags can deduct stock

LOL

But cant see prefix option for say -1 option to deduct on a ‘NO’ prefix.
Thats why I thought maybe having toppings as preset order tags might work. That can be ‘unselected’ to remove.
Issue might be the kitchen order showing that its been removed though :-/

Sure ive seen the option somewhere to define pre selected tags somewhere in the menu/product options.

yea ive not fully setup my inventory yet, im sure it can be done im having a look now

Issue might be the kitchen order showing that its been removed though :-/ could get confusing…
Maybe if @emre could somehow add a prefix multiplier in V5 if that makes sense (no =-1xassociated product, add=1x and double=2x for example), could come in handy for those using inventory

this is what we need to setup

Yes, that’s along the lines of what I imagined, I think the difficulty will be with ‘removing’ toppings/ingredients.

you can make order tags for all ingrediants and use the option to auto assign the tags to specific piza if you want to remove you simply remove the tag.

The forseen issue could be making it clear to the kitchen that a ‘normal’ topping had been removed.

if that’s how kitchen.operates the you use no tags. There are several examples of this.

But how would you set a no prefix to work with recipe/inventory?

For Inventory to work properly with Order Tags, each Order Tag is mapped to a Product, and each Inventory Item is mapped to the same Product.

In this case, your Product, Inventory Item, and Order Tag would be something like Pepperoni (not the Pepperoni Pizza Product or Menu Item).

Map the Pepperoni Order Tag to the Pepperoni Product.
Map the Pepperoni Inventory Item to the Pepperoni Product.
Create an Order Tag (or prefix) called No Pepperoni. Map it to nothing at all. This way, it will show on the Kitchen Order Template, but will not affect Inventory in any way.

1 Like

@Martos There is your solution :smile:
Thanks @QMcKay reading your explanation it sound almost obvious, my lack of experience with inventory showing lol
If I understand that the NO xxx tags would have to be separate tags right?
You couldn’t have a single pepperoni tag but map the prefixed uses of the tag separately? Ie [add] pepperoni mapped to pepperoni and [no]pepperoni not mapped? Where the marks the prefix.

Honestly, I haven’t done any work with Prefixes, but I did a fairly comprehensive explanation using “Juice” as a Product (and Menu Item), with the Order Tags defined for the type of Juice. See here…

2 Likes

Prefixes can be no, pinch of, a lot of, etc… If you really need to map prefixed tags to inventory SambaPOS will allow that however prefixes primarily designed for solving operational issues and decreasing number of order tag buttons. Use prefixes for tags such as less salt, no pepper, more sauce, etc…

For pizza I can recommend that setup. Configure pizza base as a product, add only dough and base ingredients that are common for all pizzas into the recipe. Configure additional products for each optional items, map them to inventory items with recipes and if you have different pizza sizes create additional recipes for each sizes by using portions feature. Create separate menu items for each pizza combination, map them to pizza base product, add default items as default order tags.

Now the question is what will happen when we select no pepperoni. Simple. When an order tag that starts with No keyword untag default pepperoni not to decrease pepperoni from inventory and add No Pepperoni tag for kitchen. Do not print default tags to kitchen and only print optionals.

Maybe you’re thinking why these are not default settings and we need that configuration. I’ve setup a lot of pizzerias. There is really no way to create a common configuration that works for all pizzerias. Some chefs prefers to see all options (mostly custom). Some wants to see non defaults (mostly default). Some permits changes on defaults. Some permits but does not change price… Some offers separate custom pizza product next to defaults. I know customers can request really weird things. For example people may want ketchup on tuna fish pizza or instead of ordering vegan pizza they may want a classic pizza with no meat… Some allows that. Some does not. I’ve recently saw a pizzeria setup. They offers kids pizza in the shape of a teddy bear and about half of the default size. That has entirely different recipes…

I always recommend to track inventory of items that have significance. Please don’t try to track inventory like a jeweler. As I’ve tried to describe SambaPOS will allow to keep track of less pepperoni but there will be always a slight difference between real inventory and reported inventory. The reason of that difference is not only custom requests. Wasted, spoiled, theft, incorrectly weighed items will also create a difference. As you regularly weigh real inventory and adjust SambaPOS numbers you’ll have realistic cost amounts. SambaPOS does great job to distribute adjustment costs to portions by weighing cost according to recipes.

5 Likes