SambaPOS in Windows Tablet

Is it possible to install SambaPOS in Windows Tablet ?

Is anyone tried ?

If its a windows 8 or 8.1 tablet… yes it is and it works great. I currently run it on a Surface Pro 3 and it runs very well. Remember Windows RT is not the same as Windows 8 or 8.1 it will not install on Windows RT Tablets but fortunately those are more and more scarce as Microsoft is moving away from RT.

I have tested it on Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro, Surface Pro 2. I have also got a buddy that has let me test it on his Asus Windows 8.1 tablet… all of them run it very well.

The surface Pro 3 is my main POS interface at my restaurant currently. Its about the same price as a full featured iPad but its much larger 12 inches and it has an Intel i5 cpu its very fast. It also has a digitizer pen and nice keyboard options. I have it sitting on top of cash drawer using a mount. I take it home with me every night when I close and I do all of my reports etc at home.

1 Like

Thought I would mention Microsoft just announced a new tablet the Surface 3. Starts at $499 and runs full blown windows not the windows rt crap. I was shopping for another tablet to compliment my surface pro 3 but I did not want to spend another $800 on a surface pro 3. This thing will be perfect.

I use hp stream 7 with Windows 8.1 and work fine

I have tested on a cheap 7" Windows 8 tablet and it runs fine.

For general use as an additional device, it works great for entering orders.

However I have one problem: the screen is too small to touch the “Main Menu” button in the bottom right of the screen, so it usually takes multiple attempts of “random tapping” the bottom right of the screen to get back to the main menu if needed. Any suggestions?

Look at scaling in settings.