SambaPOS Mobile client use the customer select

Hi Everyone,

I have a customer with 4 x mobile clients that they want to use in a VIP area. On the mobile devices they want to select a customer and then place the order. I have everything setup and see a big list of all the clients.

This is the problem… when you select customer and place the order it just creates the ticket and doesn’t “tag” the customer to the ticket. You just see the ticket in the open tickets.

The db has a lot of custom sections so if anyone can maybe point in the right direction.

It should assign customers as an entity. Not tag them. Did you customized customer primary field?

1 Like

Hi @emre,

I didn’t change anything on the customer fields. I did mean assign but when I type the message I couldn’t think of the word.

The client venue has 2 main parts.

1. A bar / pub where customers buy bottles and what they have with it. Department is Bar and ticket is bar ticket. 9 terminals for this section.
  2. The “kitchen” section. This works different than coffee shop or restaurant. The people choose ex. Lamb meat or chicken wings and this gets weighted. There is some side orders like spinach and other things. 3 tills here. Department = kitchen and ticket = Ticket(default). Then in the “kitchen” there is 2 x Kitchen displays.

Now the VIP area we have a screen open on the customer tickets so when a Waiter place order the “Picker/Runner” can pack and get order ready.

** One thing to note don’t have table entities. The entity is the and I also tried with creating a few tables to see if this will work.

So selecting a table and then changing the entity to customer still just gives me open ticket and the entity is ex Table 1 even though I added the customer.

Hi Everyone,

So I tested what I want to accomplish with a default setup. I created a new database by putting in a new database name. I then created some products and some table entities.

I followed all the steps to setup the mobile client and the settings on the mobile client.

When I order from the mobile client and select table as my entity ex T01 and place the order the system works correctly. It creates the open ticket and table entity is correct.

On the other hand if I just select customer as my entity then the ticket is created but no entity is on the ticket.

I select customer Juan.

I select some products.

I place the order by pressing close!

Customer ticket shows Juan is there. But nothing is in the customer ticket.

On open tickets the ticket is created.

Customer Tickets don’t have the ticket.

Anything that I’m doing wrong? @emre

I guess it uses Customers as Tables and that might be a configuration related issue. If you show us how you configured mobile client settings @VehbiEmiroglu will help us.

Hi, now it only works with Table entity, so i mean that you must assign a ticket to a table. After that you can select customer into it. Bu if you only select customer it works like that.
We have plan for your work style. I will notice you when it finish.

2 Likes

Hi there,

Playing around some more I think I understand how it was designed.

On the mobile client:

When you select table entity and create the ticket it works and shows on mobile client and also in SambaPOS.

When you select customer entity on it’s own without selecting table entity first then the ticket gets created but the customer entity is not put on the ticket. Ticket show in Open tickets.

When you select table entity and also add customer entity then the ticket ticket is created under table entity only! After ticket is created and order place however then selecting customer entity will then add customer entity to ticket.

From SambaPOS

When creating ticket with table entity this works and mobile client can add to order.
When creating ticket with customer entity from SambaPOS you can then add to order from mobile client.

Thanks @VehbiEmiroglu

Just giving my feedback on what I have tested. Let me know please. Would love to use customer entity without the table entity directly for the mobile client.

Thanks for the quick response.

1 Like