Sambapos response is slow / delayed

I’ve shoot another video with different China made Windows 8 tablet. It costs about $150 in our country. Might cost less on other countries. It has 1.3 Mhz Atom CPU (4 core Z3735) and 1 GB ram. This setup works with external SQL Server that connected over wifi.

As you can monitor from WiFi metrics upload speed increases up to 1.1 Mb/s. While creating tickets what we’re basically doing is uploading SQL Queries to server so upload speed is important for this setup.

While using RDP what terminal does is just uploading screen taps and compared to WiFi only setup it is too minimal. For RDP setup the traffic is mostly downloading screen data. For this reason you might get different performance (better or worse) results while using RDP.

For comparison I’ve uploaded our backup to a SQL Server located on Internet and shoot another video. Our Internet connection speed measured as 6 Mb download and 0.6 Mb upload. As shown on the WiFi graphics upload speed makes a difference while opening and creating tickets.

3 Likes

Windows8 tablet and Internet connection good work.

if you use AWS https://aws.amazon.com/windows/products/sql/ and Tablet.
You can easily scalable the system to a large number of POS.
:grinning: :clap:

or not?

p.s. And use Lan printer, router, port forwarding…
oh… I will soon be a grand plan… :grinning: :smiling_imp:

I fixed your link. If you dont surround it with () it will link properly in the thread.

PS that would work yes the only drawback is if the internet did go down for some reason you would lose all functionality. Of course you could switch to a local instance for those cases it just would not be able to merge the data.

I could definitely see this being doable if you had the money to afford a dedicated line from your telco like a T1 line or something similar but typically those are very expensive.

1 Like

Yes it is possible. Final optimizations for V5 not completed. We still have room for improvement so we’ll have better performance over internet with public release.

We’ll create an azure sql database (aws will work fine as well) and shoot a demo video soon.

Honestly this is not an ideal setup as keeping internet connection alive is still an issue. We’ll have better solutions.

I also thought about this
but you can make an alternative connection as a precaution (dir-620 and usb 3g or some).

yes of course safer to use local DB.

but living in a country where without a court order can pick up a server for “a audit”, and such verification may take months (the law allows), better to keep all the important data in another country. :confused:

If you like to avoid an audit, why not store the DB on a Networked HDD or an RaspberryPi.
Your still having access to your Local DB but only on a different location were you place the unit for the DB