SambaPOS V 5.1.55 Setup file corrupted?

I am trying to install v 5.1.55 downloaded from http://sambapos.com/?wpfb_dl=136 link, when trying to install, it shows a message box mentioned “The setup files are corrupted, Please obtain a new copy of the program.”, tried 3 different method of downloading :

1. Using IDM ( Internet Download Manager ) resulting corrupted download.
  2. Using plain vanilla download way on firefox the same result
  3. Using plain vanilla download way on chrome again the same result.

Currently i don’t have any program at all that is interfering my download process, the only turned on antivirus is windows defender, i am on Windows 10 x64 Enterprise.

Checksum of the downloaded setup file

CRC32: 99829C13
MD5: B96FA907D9F211519786C411AA931C60
SHA-1: DA0C78F21107DC6716BE016D912EFA0B6DEB3B1D

Downloading from different PC (Windows 7 x86 Home Edition) also resulting the same end.

I’ve downloaded and installed 5.1.55 a few times since its release with no problems. Possibly your internet connection or firewall messing with your download? Or some malware that Windows defender hasn’t recognised?

EDIT: I just downloaded it again just now and the installer launches perfectly.

I once noticed almost no application can be installed on my system. Later I found there was an access permission issue to Temp folder. Your issue might be something similar.

This is a fresh windows install, i have downloading and trying v 5.1.54, and getting no problems running the setup, so the problems is not my network nor computer setups.
And i have just finished installing sql server 2014, so i don’t have any problems installing normal programs.

This is really strange because .54 setup file is working fine :frowning:

Weird downloaded .55 through 3g network and setup file working fine!, the checksum & file also difference few bytes.

@emre
would you please check if the php scripts that is used to stream the downloaded data is solid (not cutting out bytes before finish on fast connection)?, i am sure if you hosting it without streaming it through php script would be safer and less problematic :smile:

Hmm. makes sense. It is wordpress and a file download plugin though. Worked fine to date. I’ll check if I can find something related on internet. Thank you for reporting.