Sambapos V4 Sluggish. Delay of 3-5 seconds when left for 5 minutes unused

Previously I’ve used Sambapos V4 on a PC with AMD A6 with 4gb ram as well. It has no problem.
I’m having some issue with Sambapos V4 on a PC with Pentium N3530 with 4gb ram and a 7200rpm hdd. According to CPU benchmark, N3530 supposely to be outperforming AMD A6.

The issues I have is the delay of 3-5 seconds if I left it for more than 5 minute unused. Any button that I touch on Sambapos have a delay. If I continue to press another button in that 5 seconds window, it will have a chance of freezing and just not responding (my waiter always do that, thinking that they had not touched it, so they pressed another time).

Is there anything I can do about it? Now the solution that I take is to ask them to wait for 5 seconds after they touch the button to take order.

Does this delay happen on the server pc or client pc?
I think it is network problem.

This looks like a network delay to me as well.

Check your power configuration to ensure your network adapter does not switches to sleep mode.

@teantattle2014

Additionally, check Power Options for Hard Drive settings. Make sure it is not set to go to sleep after 5 minutes.

I have done the power configuration now. It works better now even left long idle. But the delay of touching the button is still there. It takes around 2-3 secs to get into the table.

@teantattle2014 The reason of it can be anything specific to your hardware configuration so it will be a little hard to guess something about that. Sounds like it is still power saving related but I’m not sure what causes this.

1 Like