Sambapos4 string problem

I have stopped all message server that were working, I still have the same problem " Message Server not Connected"

can you provide screen capture of your settings? also have you tried re-starting both Smaba Message Server?

@morshed1 I have found the problem! The Message Server Name was wrong, I have tried localhost and server-pc, but that was wrong, it has to be my computer name. POS1-PC. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it very much.

@Bonamanzi, good to know its all working
 enjoy

1 Like

@morshed1, with the setup of computer 2. I cant get in. I set it up like this:
Server instance name: POS1-PC (that is the name of computer number one- The server)
User Id:sa
Password: sambapos
Database: BonamanziGH(that is the database I set up on Server Computer)
The string looks like this: Data Source: POS1-PC\SAMBAPOS3; User Id: sa; Password:sambapos; Database: BonamanziGH;

Error message: Cant connect to database with current string. An error occurred while getting provider information from database. This can be caused by Entity Framework using an incorrect connection string.

Server Computer working perfectly.

You need to turn off Windows Firewall in Control Panel.
Windows Firewall is blocking access to SQL Express.

@JohnS Firewall is off, I turned it off in advanced settings. Are my settings for the string correct for computer no. 2 (Bonamanzi-Bar)-Computer 2 name

@Isaac No my server pc name is POS1-PC and my second pc name is Bonamanzi-Bar. My server pc sambapos is working perfectly. I’m trying to set up my second pc.

Under [MyDocuments]\SambaPOS4 folder of your second pc you’ll find a log.txt file. Can you zip and attach it here? It might give a better idea about the problem.

1 Like

Do you have

Data Source : POS1-PC......

Or

Data Source = POS1-PC.....

It should be an equals (=) sign to work

@Bonamanzi, see below example how I have configured my system.

Server Configuration: (Computer 1)

Computer 2:

@emre File not attached. error message:
Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extension: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .zip, .pdf).

Can I send it to via email?

Did you converted it to a zip file?

@Bonamanzi, if you don’t have zip program installed on your computer you can download 7-zip.
http://www.7-zip.org/

It is Win7. Right click on file and Send to Compressed Folder will be fine.

@emre log.compressed.zip (3.4 KB)

Inner exception says

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections.

So I assume you typed DataSource correct and you closed firewall.

Did you enabled Network Services? If you didn’t do so please review Section 3 of this document http://sambapos.org/wiki/doku.php/en/installing_sql_express_2012_for_sambapos_v3

@emre |I think I have a SQL server problem. Error message:
Overall summary:
Final result: Failed: see details below
Exit code (Decimal): -2061893606
Start time: 2014-04-09 18:26:26
End time: 2014-04-09 18:41:59
Requested action: Upgrade

Setup completed with required actions for features.
Troubleshooting information for those features:
Next step for SQLEngine: The upgrade process for SQL Server failed. Use the following information to resolve the error, and then repair your installation by using this command line: setup /action=repair /instancename=EZEENEXTGEN
Next step for Replication: The upgrade process for SQL Server failed. Use the following information to resolve the error, and then repair your installation by using this command line: setup /action=repair /instancename=EZEENEXTGEN

Machine Properties:
Machine name: ELIZAHAT
Machine processor count: 2
OS version: Windows 7
OS service pack: Service Pack 1
OS region: United States
OS language: English (United States)
OS architecture: x86
Process architecture: 32 Bit
OS clustered: No

Product features discovered:
Product Instance Instance ID Feature Language Edition Version Clustered
SQL Server 2005 EZEENEXTGEN MSSQL.1 Database Engine Services 1033 Express Edition 9.4.5000 No
SQL Server 2005 EZEENEXTGEN MSSQL.1 SQL Server Replication 1033 Express Edition 9.4.5000 No
SQL Server 2005 EZEENEXTGEN MSSQL.1 SharedTools 1033 Express Edition 9.4.5000 No
SQL Server 2005 Tools 1033 Express Edition 9.4.5000 No
SQL Server 2005 ToolsClient 1033 Express Edition 9.4.5000 No
SQL Server 2005 ToolsClient\Connectivity 1033 Express Edition 9.4.5000 No

Package properties:
Description: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1
ProductName: SQL Server 2012
Type: RTM
Version: 11
SPLevel: 0
Installation location: c:\3de728d9ddfbde618387e3e5e9ce\x86\setup
Installation edition: Express

Product Update Status:
None discovered.

User Input Settings:
ACTION: Upgrade
AGTDOMAINGROUP:
ALLOWUPGRADEFORSSRSSHAREPOINTMODE: false
CONFIGURATIONFILE:
ENU: true
ERRORREPORTING: false
FAILOVERCLUSTERROLLOWNERSHIP: 2
FTSVCACCOUNT:
FTSVCPASSWORD:
FTUPGRADEOPTION: Import
HELP: false
IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS: true
INDICATEPROGRESS: false
INSTANCEID: EZEENEXTGEN
INSTANCENAME: EZEENEXTGEN
ISSVCACCOUNT: NT AUTHORITY\Network Service
ISSVCPASSWORD:
ISSVCSTARTUPTYPE: Automatic
PID: *****
QUIET: false
QUIETSIMPLE: false
RSCATALOGSERVERINSTANCENAME: Unknown
RSUPGRADEDATABASEACCOUNT:
RSUPGRADEPASSWORD:
SQMREPORTING: false
UIMODE: AutoAdvance
UpdateEnabled: true
UpdateSource: MU
X86: false

Configuration file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Setup Bootstrap\Log\20140409_182303\ConfigurationFile.ini

Detailed results:
Feature: Database Engine Services
Reason for failure: An error occurred during the setup process of the feature.
Next Step: The upgrade process for SQL Server failed. Use the following information to resolve the error, and then repair your installation by using this command line: setup /action=repair /instancename=EZEENEXTGEN
Component name: SQL Server Database Engine Services Instance Features
Component error code: 0x851A001A
Error description: Wait on the Database Engine recovery handle failed. Check the SQL Server error log for potential causes.
Error help link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkId=20476&ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=setup.rll&EvtID=50000&ProdVer=11.0.3128.0&EvtType=0xE53883A0%400xBE03358B%401306%4026&EvtType=0xE53883A0%400xBE03358B%401306%4026

Feature: SQL Server Replication
Reason for failure: An error occurred for a dependency of the feature causing the setup process for the feature to fail.
Next Step: The upgrade process for SQL Server failed. Use the following information to resolve the error, and then repair your installation by using this command line: setup /action=repair /instancename=EZEENEXTGEN
Component name: SQL Server Database Engine Services Instance Features
Component error code: 0x851A001A
Error description: Wait on the Database Engine recovery handle failed. Check the SQL Server error log for potential causes.
Error help link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkId=20476&ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=setup.rll&EvtID=50000&ProdVer=11.0.3128.0&EvtType=0xE53883A0%400xBE03358B%401306%4026&EvtType=0xE53883A0%400xBE03358B%401306%4026

Feature: SQL Browser

Feature: SQL Writer

Feature: SQL Client Connectivity

Feature: SQL Client Connectivity SDK

Rules with failures:

Global rules:

Scenario specific rules:

Rules report file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Setup Bootstrap\Log\20140409_182303\SystemConfigurationCheck_Report.htm

Are you installing SQL server on client machines? This is not needed

1 Like

@emre On the POS2-PC I did not install SQL, But I still have the same problem. The string is not correct. The string is:
Data Source=POS1-PC\SAMBAPOS3; User ID=sa; Password=sambapos; Database=BonamanziGH;
Is it correct?