Scales Integration

Wherever SambaPOS was installed. Default is "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\SambaPOS5"

I specified x86 for this build. See if this works.

BT.SambaModules.MettlerToledoVivaScale_0.9.0.0.zip (25.3 KB)

and now the forum is throwing shade :rofl:

1 Like

It doesnā€™t show up for some reason?

I donā€™t know what to tell you. I throw the modules in the programā€™s install directory and theyā€™re just there.

5.3.6 fresh install in VM

I see you donā€™t have the other scales in your list, Iā€™ll uninstall those then see what happens. :+1:

It feels so close to being complete.

He may need to right click the dll go to properties and unblock it

1 Like

@Jesse is correct, you have to unblock the dll.

With the the addon and the the mettler library copied locally:

With the mettler library downloaded from the forum:

and unblocked

That has worked!!!
I couldnā€™t unblock the file whilst it was in the SambaPOS folder ( I received an error about semaphores etc). Anyway I unblocked it in the download folder OK then copied it over.

I have added the scale and it kind of works. Itā€™s cutting off some figures, e.g. 0.580 is showing up as 0.5.

Log file attached.

scale_log.zip (892 Bytes)

For the one that shows ā€œ0.5ā€ when it should be ā€œ0.580ā€ the raw data received from the scale shows ā€œ0.5ā€

2022-05-17 09:30:55.184 [DEBUG] Raw received: [0.5]

Line 208 gets the raw data from the serial port and line 212 logs it before any regex/transformation has happened

I did notice in the log decimals without a leading 0 which wonā€™t match the regex pattern. But in the test data you collected for me, the weights always had a leading zero.

As you can see towards the end, decimals without a leading zero arenā€™t matched.

2022-05-16_17;05_1652742312_firefox

I added some log entries to help me see when things begin and end so please keep debug logging enabled. Thanks!

I switched back to reading the actual bytes then converting to string. Weā€™ll see if that changes things so give this a try:

BT.SambaModules.MettlerToledoVivaScale_0.9.0.1.zip (25.9 KB)

New log file attached. On a few occasions I had to press the ā€˜Scaleā€™ button (the one I created to send the W) before something came up. The .62 should have been .625

Getting close :smiley:

no log file in your post

On a few occasions I had to press the ā€˜Scaleā€™ button

Thatā€™s how it has to work. You press the scale button, then it sends the init string, then the scale responds.

Lol, I meant to say 'press the ā€˜Scaleā€™ button twice. Nothing would come up the first time.

Log file attached this time.

scale_log (2).zip (1.8 KB)

I was sending a CR even if the setting wasnā€™t enabled. Iā€™m not sure if that was causing the scale to not know what the POS was asking. Oops.

I see this for .625 which wouldnā€™t match and doesnā€™t end with the char specified in the docs.

2022-05-17 13:01:47.369  [DEBUG]  HEX string: [2E 36 32 35 0D 02 3F]
2022-05-17 13:01:47.371  [DEBUG]  Decoded bytes: [.625
?]

a second later, thereā€™s this

2022-05-17 13:01:48.411  [DEBUG]  HEX string: [30 2E 36 32 35 0D 02]
2022-05-17 13:01:48.413  [DEBUG]  Decoded bytes: [0.625
]

which matches the regex and ends with the proper char

Give this build a shot and send me the log again, please.

BT.SambaModules.MettlerToledoVivaScale_0.9.0.2.zip (26.0 KB)

Looking good :+1:t2:

Only a couple of times I had to press the scale button twice.

Log file attached.
scale_log (4).zip (2.4 KB)

the one you had to click the scale button twice, was that for the item that weighs 4.485?

I believe so, yes, that is correct. :+1:t2:

Okay, I think I understand whatā€™s going on.

The initial response

2022-05-17 14:52:57.360  [DEBUG]  HEX string: [02 30 34]
2022-05-17 14:52:57.362  [DEBUG]  Decoded bytes: [04]`

code preview isnā€™t showing STX (hex/char 02)

Seems to match up with seems to be the status byte which the docs say has to be converted to binary.

Let me work on this and Iā€™ll let you know.

Logging added for processing the status byte and parsing the individual bits for the status.

For the last weigh before you upload the log, do a negative weight if you can. I want to see the output.

BT.SambaModules.MettlerToledoVivaScale_0.9.0.3.zip (27.4 KB)

Forgot to reverse the binary string when checking the bits. Arrays start at 0 on the left, but binary bits start at 0 on the right.

latest build

BT.SambaModules.MettlerToledoVivaScale_0.9.0.4.zip (27.5 KB)

0.9.0.4 crashes the system so Iā€™ve reverted back. I pressed ā€˜Scaleā€™, nothing seemed to be happening for about 5 seconds then SambaPOS just closed.

Log file attached.
scale_log (5).zip (2.7 KB)

Could you send the crash exception from the POS log. I donā€™t have any try/catch blocks as Iā€™m punting to the appā€™s handler.