Select All Entities by Default for Entity Screens

I think I did try that but will try again. The problem is "what if you add more States? Same issue with adding more Entities which are initially Stateless. Just wondering if I am doing it wrong or this is program design.
EDIT: Using Filters especially “Available” does not work - if you click the big “Tab” bar to refresh they all disappear.
EDIT2: Ok sorry If I add a ticket to each Entity Tab then using Filter “Available” works.

THEREFORE - I will try to manually create one to see if it inherits the DEFAULT STATE?

So long as your new states are not interrupting the default flow of Available–>New Orders–>Bill Requested–>Available it shouldn’t matter. If you have customized this state flow you would obviously need take that into account.

[quote=“pauln, post:7, topic:8181”]
EDIT2: Ok sorry If I add a ticket to each Entity Tab then using Filter “Available” works.

THEREFORE - I will try to manually create one to see if it inherits the DEFAULT STATE?
[/quote]Sounds like maybe the batch create bypasses the default entity state…
How will you be creating them in production action or from search screen?
Having available would show ALL tab entities yer? How many tabs are you likely to have? Thats why I opted to not have available in filter and to start a new tab have the search to fint entity on first opening the tab so that the ‘open tabs’ screen was clean with just current tabs.

Ok theory did not work there is no inheritance from the Default State when either manually adding new Enitities or using the Batch Create method :disappointed:
I wondering if one of the other gurus may chime in and correct me but I feel having to fake a ticket for each new entity to get them off Stateless to say “Available” or even using a Filter is not the best method.

Cant remember if this was a default rule or one we had to add.
This is related to the way that unused entities even if selected in screen are grey rather than white untill the first ticket has been on entity.

No, does not inherit Default State from master Entity Type.

I thinking having a default of 10-20 Tabs but like you I build a complete feature list for a multiple venue target. The only issue comes along if I need to build a special feature onsite like say “rooms” then forget to create a fake ticket etc etc.

Yep default rule. Must type more to get 20 chars haha
I will put a request in to get on @emre whiteboard if a solution does not come to me :smiley: - thanks, and hope all your projects a coming along well for you.

I get that but you would be starting a ticket when creating a new entity for tab in production (not perfect logic but works)

What i ment is having an available state will show ALL if we are talking about customer tabs rather than table tabs ir would could have 100+ tabs after time many not used anymore and these would all show once available is sorted.

Surely rooms would be fixed anyway so why the need for being able to create for user?

How did you input into default states field? There is no states type option.
Did you try Status=Available or Status:Available

EDIT:
Status=Available seems to be what would be expected;

Yes, I have study all the conversations about the Preorder Workflow and Tabs, even Ricks work and decided that I will have a growing number of Customers using Accounts as you described. But I also wish to create a short list of overnight Tabs - I do not want to worry about this Work Period issue moving over work periods with Accounts.

Doing an install and telling the venue, ok we have 10 Tabs Accounts you can use for Corporates or Functions is what I am thinking. I know they are the same as Customers but they are very different in Clubs. Best to keep the Accounting separate.

EDIT: I show you the defaults being used give me a sec.

Fastest screen grab and red arrow in the world!

EDITED:
The above image for anyone reading has an error for Default State. It should read as below - thanks.

1 Like

Just be sure to carefully check the report you use, proper reconciliation is tricky with preorder, changing ticket date brings/‘repeats’ sales, not changing date backdates the payment in to the WP of the ticket date…

Change that to Status=Available…

Oh no your kidding me. Ok …

1 Like

I did say but was allot of back and forward :stuck_out_tongue:

Phew, taking off my Dunce Hat again - did not work. I added a new Tab manually, then logged off for good measure, when to POS, used select Tabs → new Tab not on screen? Hit refresh, new tab not on screen. Do you think Default only works during program automatons?

The thing I do not get is when I was trying to deal with this on Entity:Pagers I checked the dbo.EntityStateValues and guess what the new Enitity which is Tab 11 has an Available state? I reckon your suggestion and also reading your new post below that the Entity does not appear unless there is some sort of link to another table like Customer, Account or something. From my SQL minor skills if there aint a record in the Join Table you get nothing. Hence your get ticket, delete ticket works.

Hey emre joined the party.
I goinng to add the link where I missed how to code Default State:

Works for me…
I am creating in the entity search screen sp looks like it doesnt apply default state is created in back end…

OK guys… sorry I’ve just saw this discussion. I was implementing some features regarding that for next .55 refresh. You’ll see it on my latest animated gif. Deliverer buttons does not added to (entity grid widget) and it adds new deliverers automatically there.

I’ll be glad if you can test it after I release .55 refresh for delivery screen.

Basically it works when you configure state filter as * and setup a display state. @QMcKay

1 Like

Perfect this is what I had planned for a request:

@emre I assume it will work as far as inheritance from default state in the manual one by one “Add Entity” and also the “Batch Creation” of entities as well?
With my diagram using say a select all means you never need to revist the Entity Screen here after manually adding new entities.

Thanks for your help also @JTRTech

1 Like

Yes! Thank you @emre. Been wanting something like this for a while now. Excellent!

1 Like