Self Ordering Terminal

What about a self ordering terminal client with self payment with bill acceptors and so on.
Many restaurants will have the need to use this feature i guess.

Wow ok, kind asking allot off the bat…
Sure I have seen someone configure a self service terminal for ordering but only for ordering only
As for payment intergrations these are more specific to locations and providers. Card intergration has been discussed and on the books but wouldnt expect an out the box/preconfigured type setup for bill acceptors anytime soon…

Think for it, client enters on restaurant, it orders from terminal, and makes the payment it self.
Implementing, bill acceptors is not so hard.One of major bigest bill acceptors protocol, is ccTalk,
i guess it can be easy implemented on SambaPos self ordering screen, https://github.com/ilstarno/cctalk-net

I’m not questioning the validity of your suggestion simply pointing out that card integration is a more requested feature…
You dont need to wait for someone else to do it you know, the point of samba is generally you can just do it yourself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
FYI last update on that GIT was 2013… usually not a great sign - thats not to say it wouldnt be of use just its not recently maintained.
Other issue will be testing - I wouldnt even know where to begin to get a bill acceptor and couldnt justify getting one as have no need for it… which is another downside to your request is if expecting a premade solution there needs to be justification in the expense and given this is first request for that I have seen I dont think it would be placed on high priority list given the current work being put into the API which offers allot more posibilities.
Dont get me wrong its a nice idea but you may need to be more proactive in creating your own solution in the mean time - and thats the good thing about samba is you dont need the developer to creat every new thing, most can be user implemented.

1 Like

Am already trying to do this on my own, Once done ill publish this on Github, unless someone made this

2 Likes

I dont think someone did this, and this would be interesting!!!

G.

Not to that extent, sure I remember someone locking down the button mappings by terminal and use samba itself for a customer self service but for a pre-order type option which printed a ticket to take to the counter (Argos style for those in the UK or anywhere else argos exists LOL) a while back.