Separate ticket numbers for each terminal

I’ve had a request to have individual terminals have their own individual ticket numbers within a multi terminal setup.

I did a quick test and it does appear to work:

Am I going to have any problems / issues with this setup? I will likely end up prefixing something in front of the ticket number since I don’t like duplicate numbers on the system like this. But just concerned if there is any issues from a technical functionality point?

Here is the setup I did:

(both identical)

I’ve just cloned POS1 Ticket to POS2 Ticket and changed the ticket number generator on it.

If you have multiple tickets having same ticket number you may not find ticket when you search by ticker number.

Ok. So I just need to make sure ticket numbers are still unique across the system for the best experience. I will just set the ticket number generators to include the terminal number, e.g. 100001 for terminal 1, 200001 for terminal 2, etc.

1 Like

You can also use alphanumeric chars like A0001 or B0001.

What do I use for the Number Format if I want to fix the number of zeros in the ticket number, so e.g.

Try 0000. or maybe 1-0000 for better readability.

If it exceeds 4 digits it will still keep displaying all digits but add zeros for numbers less than 4 digits.

Not #### ? I’m not sure what the Number Format field supports. Using a # means a number, but if I don’t include a # ?

UPDATE: Ok 0000 works.

So putting a 0 forces a digit. # obviously means a number but it also works without containing any #. It works as you suggested but just bit confused as what options are available with the field.

Just got a follow on issue from what I was setting up here.

When I create a new Ticket Number Generator on an existing database (that has many tickets already), new tickets using the new generator are not starting from 1, instead they start from after the last ticket number of the original number generator.

For example, if my original ticket is 1111, then I create a new Ticket Number Generator, using format 2-00000 and assign to a new Ticket Type. When I create a new ticket with the new ticket type, the ticket number is 2-01112, not 2-00001.

Can I just reset the number on the database right after creating the number generator in SambaPOS (before I create any new tickets using it) ? Like this:

update [SambaPOS5].[dbo].[Numerators] set [Number]=0 where [Name]='Ticket Number Generator - POS1'
1 Like