Setting up basic Buy 4 get 1 free promo not working

The other question was then is tip is configured as a calculation does that additional income get distributed to orders on that ticket in a similar way as discount gets distributed?

It depends. While calculating prices for orders on payment screen yes all calculations are distributed. While calculating product based profit only pre-tax calculations are distributed. Calculations that gets calculated after tax calculation does not distribute. So if Tip is configured as pre-tax calculation it distributes, if it configured as after-tax calculation it does not distributes.

1 Like

Ok, guess that makes sense although as ticket level items think it should be an option as to distribution.
Either way we digress, is there any viability to having a way to calculate or pass the calculated value of a promo using the logic above to a calculation?
With our adjusted reports the distribution is not relivent to our system although still think that distribution should be optional.
I understand a pre tax calculation may need to be calculated as distributed in order to estimate the applicable taxes although this to me is still vaigue as if you have multiple taxes for different products the shown tax amounts will not be clear based on full value on orders, a discount calculation and then a tax amount which doesn’t directly coraspond to said orders due to ‘silent’ discount distribution. Digressing again… LOL

You should be able to transfer promotion total to a calculation and untag all orders but I’m not sure this is what you need exactly as moving them to a calculation will lead to different distribution issues. I don’t know if it makes sense to move already distributed promotions to a calculation and try to re-distribute them properly.

Just want to say, this may just be an assumption. Just because Tesco lists all the promotions at the bottom of the receipt, it’s just for presentation sake - it looks nice to show the customer all the savings in one place then a savings total. I also like this approach. There is nothing to say you can’t do that in SambaPOS on the receipt (yes I know this is not related to your calculation question), just hide the Promotion order tag group on order lines and then at the end, you can use {ORDER TAG DETAILS:X} to display the total for each promotion then {ORDER TAG TOTAL:X} to display the total of all promotions (total saved).

@JTRTech here is MG and MN :smiley: