Setting Up System For a Restaurant? (Adding up 2nd Terminal)

You only install SQL server on one computer not both. The second terminal connects to the SQL Server.

so should I uninstall MySQL on second computer?

It does not use MySQL you should uninstall SQL Express on the 2nd computer and your connection string would be:

Data Source=Servers Computer Name\SAMBAPOS: Database=SAMBAPOS1

Replace Servers Computer Name with whatever the computer name is for the main server that has SQL Server installed on.

PS. the tutorial explains all of this if you read it carefully.

Hi, personally with the Ethernet setup of the Pos printers I would go with 2x 4 port switches as you do not have to lay as many cables.

For example go with the 8 ports little brother Netgear GS105

Good point but that would depend on his layout.

@kadymp

Both PC’s needs to connect to same SQL Server. As they configured to connect to localhost they connects to locally installed SQL Servers.

Management Console screenshots shows the server names. Instead of localhost\SAMBAPOS you need to configure Data Source as GREENOLIVE1-PC\SAMBAPOS or as the other one.

Additionally you need to configure Message Server to be able to update terminal’s table view screens automatically.

İki bilgisayarın da aynı SQL Server’a bağlanması gerek. local yerel anlamına geliyor bu nedenle her ikisinde de sunucu adı localhost olduğu için iki bilgisayar da kendi içindeki SQL Server’a bağlanıyor.

Management Consol’da sunucu adının ne olduğu görünüyor. GREENOLIVE1-PC\SAMBAPOS ya da diğeri… hangisini sunucu olarak kullanacaksan Data Source kısmında localhost\SambaPOS yerine bu sunucu ismini yazman gerekiyor.

Ayrıca masa renklerinin her bilgisayarda otomatik olarak güncellenmesi için Mesaj Sunucusu ayarlaman gerek.

I got really confused I am sorry I am pretty new on sambapos and all database types

soonest I change my connection string on 2nd computer I receive error.

I am using sambapos4 should I install SQL EXPRESS 2014 or SQL EXPRESS 2012 on main computer,
do I need to install anything but sambapos4 on the main computer and 2nd computer I am planning to use as 2nd terminal also

can somebody tell me which software I need to install on main computer and on the 2nd computer I am planning to use as 2nd terminal
the tutorial I have seen was on sambapos3 is it same for sambapos4
can someone please give me a little more detailed explanation “how I can add second computer as 2nd terminal on same server”

Thanks very much.

Look here:

You install SQL Express on ONE machine all other terminals will connect to that server. All other terminals you simply install SambaPOS and then set the connection string to connect to the main server SQL Express instance.

Can you show us the error? Copy and paste the details from the error here. Also read what we said about connection string.

I don’t understand what I am doing wrong

I have only install sql express 2014 on main computer and did all the configs

I have deleted all the samba files and sql files on the 2nd computer I still get this message when I am trying to open up for first time, I don’t understand even thoug I have deleted all the files why I still see this error message
@Jesse

[General Info]

Application: SambaPOS
Version: 4.1.82
Region: en
DB: SQ
Machine: GREENOLIVE2-PC
User: Green olive 2
Date: 6/20/2015
Time: 7:10 PM

User Explanation:

Green olive 2 said “”

[Exception Info 1]

Top-level Exception
Type: System.Data.ProviderIncompatibleException
Message: An error occurred while getting provider information from the database. This can be caused by Entity Framework using an incorrect connection string. Check the inner exceptions for details and ensure that the connection string is correct.
Source: EntityFramework
Stack Trace: at System.Data.Entity.ModelConfiguration.Utilities.DbProviderServicesExtensions.GetProviderManifestTokenChecked(DbProviderServices providerServices, DbConnection connection)
at System.Data.Entity.ModelConfiguration.Utilities.DbConnectionExtensions.GetProviderInfo(DbConnection connection, DbProviderManifest& providerManifest)
at System.Data.Entity.DbModelBuilder.Build(DbConnection providerConnection)
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.CreateModel(LazyInternalContext internalContext)
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.RetryLazy`2.GetValue(TInput input)
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.InitializeContext()
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.ForceOSpaceLoadingForKnownEntityTypes()
at System.Data.Entity.DbContext.System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.IObjectContextAdapter.get_ObjectContext()
at Samba.Infrastructure.Data.SqlData.EFWorkspace…ctor(CommonDbContext context)
at Samba.Persistance.Data.WorkspaceFactory.Create()
at Samba.Presentation.Services.Common.DataGeneration.DataCreationService…ctor()
at Samba.Presentation.Bootstrapper.InitializeShell()

Inner Exception 1
Type: System.Data.ProviderIncompatibleException
Message: The provider did not return a ProviderManifestToken string.
Source: System.Data.Entity
Stack Trace: at System.Data.Common.DbProviderServices.GetProviderManifestToken(DbConnection connection)
at System.Data.Entity.ModelConfiguration.Utilities.DbProviderServicesExtensions.GetProviderManifestTokenChecked(DbProviderServices providerServices, DbConnection connection)

Inner Exception 2
Type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
Message: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)
Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider
Stack Trace: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, Boolean withFailover) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, TimeoutTimer timeout, Boolean withFailover) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, TimeoutTimer timeout) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, SessionData reconnectSessionData) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, DbConnectionOptions userOptions) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource1 retry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource1 retry) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlProviderServices.UsingConnection(SqlConnection sqlConnection, Action1 act)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlProviderServices.UsingMasterConnection(SqlConnection sqlConnection, Action`1 act)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlProviderServices.GetDbProviderManifestToken(DbConnection connection)
at System.Data.Common.DbProviderServices.GetProviderManifestToken(DbConnection connection)

[Assembly Info]

PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0
System, Version=4.0.0.0
WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Presentation.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Presentation.Common, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Domain, Version=1.0.0.0
PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Core.v14.1, Version=14.1.6.0
Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism, Version=4.0.0.0
System.ComponentModel.Composition, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Localization, Version=1.0.0.0
FastButton, Version=1.0.0.0

[System Info]

Operating System
-Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
–CodeSet = 1252
–CSDVersion = Service Pack 1
–CurrentTimeZone = -420
–FreePhysicalMemory = 2261936
–OSArchitecture = 64-bit
–OSLanguage = 1033
–ServicePackMajorVersion = 1
–ServicePackMinorVersion = 0
–Version = 6.1.7601

Machine
-GREENOLIVE2-PC
–Manufacturer = Dell Inc.
–Model = OptiPlex GX620
–TotalPhysicalMemory = 3747758080
–UserName = Greenolive2-PC\Green olive 2

On the computer that has SQL Express running check for the Windows Service called SQL Browser make sure it is running. If SQL Browser is not running then it will not accept connections from other computers. Ensure the windows firewall for both pc’s is turned off.

its says stopped" on thesql server config manager @Jesse

I have double clicked and how do I config SQL Server Browser Properties.?

You need it running. If it says stopped your other computers cant connect to it.

Do not use SQL server config manager… use windows… just go to run or search and type services. Start SQL Server Browser make sure its running. Or go to Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools and click on Services

it says disabled should I make startup type auto or manuel?

I would say go for auto :slight_smile:

there are also buttons log on recovery and dependences do I need to make any config on those options?

Dont know about those, I just remember setting that to auto.

Auto

No the only thing you need to do is start the service and set it to auto. Usually its started by default you must have changed something in the SQL Install when you installed SQL Express.

I have disabled the firewalls and did the config on main about sql browser , Do I need to install sql browser on the second one because i don’t see sql browser on the second computer

No, you dont need any SQL stuff on the client PC