Setting Up System For a Restaurant? (Adding up 2nd Terminal)

.sdf is nothing to do with the SQL on your host machine. :confounded:

Uninstalling samba will not reset as the connection string is saved in the settings fileā€¦

What is your connection string?

Can you PING the server/host machine from the second terminal?

Restart your computer after you started the service.

my connection string is on main computer

Data Source=Greenolive1-PC\SAMBAPOS; Database=SAMBAPOS1

Your using windows authentication then?
Is the user name and password for the second machine identical as the host machine?

no main computer user name for the 2nd computer Green Olive 2 and the password are the same for both copmputers

Pretty sure you will have to make the username the same or add Green Olive 2 to the autherised users in SQL.
@Jesse can you confirm?

1 Like

Or set it to run mixed mode and create a specific user for that terminal.

Hi everybody. I try to set up client PC to connect main PC maybe in the future i need it.
I use Win8.1
I set all settings up but when i try to connect, client PC does not it gives error. I check all my settings and read all topics but i did not manage.
The two PC at my home now, i connected wi-fi with my PCs. Do i need set network to connect both PCs each other or wi-fi connection enough?
Also i connect SQL with Windows autheā€¦ Do i need with SQL server autheā€¦

Have seen few people struggle with windows auth on 8.1.
Think itā€™s because of windows trying to get you to use Microsoft account rather than traditional local user.
You would need to be sure the server gives access to the user of the client pc.
Easiest option is to enable mixed mode and set a single user and password.
There was a post the other day explaing how to do that.
Other points.
Test if you can ipf server from client, if not a network issue most likely. Try host name and IP address if fails, if ip works and host name doesnā€™t itā€™s a DNS issue, but you can bypass with host file or I believe use IP in connection string.
While testing if trouble connecting disable firewall on server machine - if works itā€™s firewall causgin problem.

1 Like

I tried but not succededā€¦ I make TCP/IP enable. I tried to connect with IPā€¦My main PC firewall close, SQL runningā€¦But there is connection string error

Can you ping the server machine from the client?

So sorry what does ping mean?? How can i do that?

Yes my sever PC working well there is not any problem. Only client PCā€¦ My server PC Ip is 192.168.1.105
and from my client pc i write ping 192.168.1.105 the result is above

You can test SQL Server connectivity outside SambaPOS with this simple trick. If you can connect via UDL SambaPOS setup will be quite easier.

So network connection seems ok.
Were you still using windows auth for SQL?

Yesā€¦windows auth i am using

ok i am going to try now

Handy tip, will remember that one.
I hazard a quest auth with be the problemā€¦

@emre when i click test connection the result is