Settings dissapeared

I am getting this screen in the last 4 runs of SAMBAPOS. this is the first time ever…

anyone knows what is going on there??

Thanks!!!

G.

WELL, I solved it… I had a trigger that fired every minute… and when the proram starts, of course the trigger is fired, and that causes the settings menu to dissapear…

strange…

THANKS!!!

G.

I had that happen once before (don’t remember which version), and also very recently I believe when I upgraded to v4.1.44.

I’m not sure what causes this, nor the exact solution. But I will reiterate:

Run Installer Setup as Administrator, do not let Installer launch SambaPOS.
Run SambaPOS as Administrator for the the first time, login, logout, exit.
Run SambaPOS as a Regular user.

It won’t hurt to re-install the last version that you installed (as Administrator), then run it for the first time (as Administrator), login, logout, exit.

If it still isn’t working, run SambaPOS as Administrator again, login, go to POS screen, MainMenu, Logout, Exit, run as Regular User.

Thanks.,… I edited my post, I think I found a bug…

G.

That is really odd. Maybe one of my Triggers was active at the time as well… still, this shouldn’t happen. If we can consistently reproduce the issue, we might have something for @emre to look into.

As soon as I deleted the trigger from within SQL STUDIO, the settings tab appeard again…

Thanks!!!

G.

;tldr this is a known (fortunately rare) issue. Not related with a configuration bug. When that happens restart SambaPOS.

@QMcKay we can’t consistently reproduce that issue. Some parts of SambaPOS loads by separate cores of CPU and that issue happens when Management module loads a little faster than expected. I’m aware of it and I’ll make some infrastructural changes to completely solve that. When that happens just wait for a while to let other possible CPU consuming processes completes and restart SambaPOS.

1 Like

I have restarted SAMBAPOS for 5 times, and allways the same, but I did not wait… lets say… 5 minutes and restarted…

I will try that…

THANKS!!!

g.

@gerlandog,
When this happens (usually after installing a new version) I set the program to automatically run in compatibility mode and it solves the problem immediately.
try this

Well, after a few tests I can say for sure that the problem are the triggers, whenerver a trigger is executed before program finishes loading the menu disappears…

so, perhaps, and please @emre, I am not trying to be a programmer now, just a 80´s programmer, you could delay in some way the triggers to load AFTER the user has made a log in…

Thanks!!!

g.

1 Like

Great suggestion!! I’ll try improving that part. Thanks :slight_smile: