Settle a customer ticket for a customer who already have an outstanding debted amount

Hi Everyone,
I created a customer account and its working fine. but, my problem is that i cant settle his next bill unless i zero the customer account. my intention is to pile his daily bills and settle them later one by one as he submit the payments. at this point after settling the first ticket, i cant settle the next one through customer account since it turns inactive.
please advice on how to rectify this.

Check options on account types, debit/credit etc.

Hi @JTRTech thanks I managed to sort this out.
Now the issue is that when settling a customer ticket whose account has some balances and i use settle all buttun, the ticket amount is cleared via cash. Whereas it was supposed to be added to his account balance

Once you settle the ticket to a customer account, you aren’t supposed to reopen the same ticket later and settle it.

You are supposed to settle this balance via customer account details screen.

Hi @Posflow thanks for the reply,
I understand wht u exactly mean and thats what I do when clearing their balances once payment is made.
I this case, I mean when i am settling a new ticket still to customer account but the actual balance plus the new ticket shows up on settle screen