Simple Reservation Example

Hello,

1. I just installed it from here:
    http://sambapos.com/download-sambapos/ - SambaPOS 4.1.82 version
  2. I Down “Download Simple Reservation SQL CE database” from this page. (reservation.sdf)
  3. I made a new DB with the SQLCE40Toolbox.exe wit the the name “reserv”
  4. In Sambapos on Local Settings:
    Data Source=localhost\testsamba2; User Id=sa; Password=XXX; Database=reserv;
  5. The error means that a EntityTypeId column it’s invalid. Should I Delete it from the query, before I create the “reserv” DB ?
  6. Also the SambaModulesTicketModule I think it’s activated on your DB, and not in mine, that’s why I get the exception…
    Thanks.

OK. Now please reinstall SambaPOS to migrate database (you downloaded) to latest db version.

Ok, you are saying that i need the install the version of samba that support’s that DB on the website.

On the Down page I don’t see the 4.1.9 version, only until 4.1.25

Well I’m saying reinstall latest SambaPOS. Setup will automatically migrate your database to latest version. When you open a database generated with older SambaPOS versions you need to reinstall SambaPOS to upgrade database to latest.

Ok, so I created a new db, “reserv123”.
I Uninstalled sambapos, with “RevoUninstaller” to get everything removed.
I Installed the “latest Sambapos 4.1.82”, and made the path to:

and the error above appears.
You can see the the DB it’s Created:

I’ve not said uninstall SambaPOS, recreate DB or something else. Why you’re doing these? When you see the EntityId error message, close SambaPOS, double click on SambaPOS setup program, let it setup and start SambaPOS. That’s all.

Hello,

OK, Now it’s Working.
Sorry for my bad english and other things.

1 Like

No need to be sorry. Your English is better than mine lol.

Hello,
NP.
Because when I saw “Please reinstall SambaPOS to migrate database to latest version.” I thought that you need to UNinstall it first, and after install a fresh copy of samba. Now I know why it’s needs REinstalled.
Sorry for that.

1 Like

Hello again. So with the help of @emre I finished to add the .sdf file into my DB. And I added the Occupied Button, Now I have other problems:

1. After I create a reservation, the Check In button does not appear.
  2. If the client calls to cancel his reservation, I don’t have an option to Cancel that, does not disappears from the RESERVATIONS list.

Any help please ?

1. Check the mappings for the check in button, it is t showing as you havent told it to. Whatever state your ticket is when you have changed it to a reservation needs to be added to the visible and enable parts of the mapping for that button. Do that and it will appear

2. You need to create a cancel reservation button that is only visible on a ticket with state reservation or reserved (or whatever you called it)
    Setup an update ticket state action to remove the reservation state from the ticket (it will now not show on your reservation screen)

Create a rule to link you cancel reservation button with update ticket state action to remove the reservation state and add close ticket action

When you press cancel reservation the ticket state will update to remove reservation and the ticket will close

Hello,

I have the .sdf file installed from @emre, from the top of the page. And from there I started to modify things.
I need to go from there, to set things to work.
Thanks, I will try to use your advice.

Use Create Default Buttons maintenance task from Program Settings > Maintenance.

Hello,

I did that , NO GO. I think there is a conflict somewhere on my db. With all the things that I modified. (Reserv. db from you, Occupied Button, Cancel Order, Cancel Button for the products).
Now I am REchecking all the steps in “Simple Reservation Example”, and are all in there.
Maybe it’s an issue with the mappings from the check in button:

show a reservation ticket so we can see what state its in.

show a reservation ticket so we can see what state its in.

HERE @kendash and @emre :

Hello,
Maybe a picture is worth a thousand words, here it’s what I get from what are you saying:
a: You need to create a cancel reservation button that is only visible on a ticket with state reservation or reserved (or whatever you called it)

b: Setup an update ticket state action to remove the reservation state from the ticket (it will now not show on your reservation screen)

c: Create a rule to link you cancel reservation button with update ticket state action to remove the reservation state and add close ticket action

d:
If you have some time, can you please make a print screen, because I don’t know the Samba Software so well, or just upload again my pictures, after you will modify it in paint, if you have time :D.

Thanks

lol what I thought. Its not setting the reservation state. Your rule to set reservation state is wrong or missing the state.

Hello,

Yes lol … I know that it’s something wrong or missing, that’s why I made those print screens, for you guys, to explain.

Thanks.

In your update ticket status reservation action in your rule just type Reservation in the box next to current status

Also in you button mapping type Reservation under Enables States as well

Sorry i couldnt do screenshots i was on my mobile, but it will help you doing it yourself anyway :wink: and were always here to help