------------- | ------------- 
 Content Cell  | Content Cell  
 Content Cell  | Content Cell  
| Left-Aligned  | Center Aligned  | Right Aligned |
| :------------ |:---------------:| -----:|
| col 3 is      | some wordy text | $1600 |
| col 2 is      | centered        |   $12 |
| zebra stripes | are neat        |    $1 |

Ok now thats cool. You can make tables apparently.

You have completely lost me. Please share.

1 Like

I couldn’t explain yet I don’t know how to show those symbols lol I’ll just sshot it. But edit my post and look at what I did. It is a trick with syntax highlight let’s you build tables.

I’ve enabled HTML table support but I don’t know if it will work. Maybe on next update.

I am a column I am column 2
100 200
1 Like

Tried that - still don’t see anything special.

Here is the actual text I used for the first table.

First Header Second Header
Content Cell Content Cell
Content Cell Content Cell

The second Table

Left-Aligned Center Aligned Right Aligned
col 3 is some wordy text $1600
col 2 is centered $12
zebra stripes are neat $1

But if you use syntax highlight those become what I posted above. Its just a trick to manually create a table if your trying to express something visually and dont want to use a screenshot of an actual table.

Syntax highlighting (or code blocks with </>) uses fixed-width fonts, that’s why the alignment works.

If you look at second table its not just alignment either. its colors and more advanced alignment aka the numbers column on right. Its just some nifty tricks for creating tables with just typing text. Not anything really that special. I found it kind of cool though.

It was listed in the Discourse guide for code blocks.

OK. I’ll update forum shortly. It may go read only mode for few minutes.

Seems like update worked. However I needed to wrench > rebuild html on previous post. Would it appear here?

test1
test2

However it is a lot of tagging job… Markdown table support was great but I don’t know if they’ll include it in discourse.