Split bill, Take Order and Pay by Seat, All in one ticket

What would be the easiest way to handle the tax(or tax exempt) in this method as the tax kind of hard coded into the process(#7).

Should I devise a constraint to “PAY - Update Local Program Setting”?

Hi all. So im a little bit lost here. I want mto get this up and running and am just about done. I am on rule number 7. It says to add the automation comman PAY- By Seat / Get Payment but this was never created. Only three automation commands were created in this tutorial. Should I add it and if so, where do I map it. Thanks.

Also in rule 7 it has PAY - Update Local Program Setting action twice. How can I add that action twice in the same rule? Thanks.

When you on the add action popup and select show all and it will show you ones already added to allow second time.

Pay by seat is at the top, automation command number 3…

NO you don’t need to create that “virtual” button manually, it is auto created by an action previously, which I think, in an ask question action.

Ok, I’m hitting a wall. I have the code all in, when I hit the seat button it shows the seat number on the screen but it does not assign an order to a seat. I can upload screen shots just let me know what to upload. Thanks.

It would appear that I am having the same issues as visitor had above.

Can you explain the button press flow.
Looking at that you have to select orders, type number in number pad then press seat.
Are there any order added rules in that setup?

Sure, so a server would press the seat button. Seat one comes up. They add the order. They press seat button and seat 2 comes up. They add the order. If they want to jump to seat 10 they would add the item, enter 10 in the number pad, tap the order, then hit seat. What is happening is it is creating the ticket tag just fine but it is not taging the order with seat numbers, either by just pressing seat or by number pad entry.

This is the only order add rule. It sets the status to unpaid.

Are you an admin? It looks like it uses states, login as admin to ensure all order states are visible.

Yes I am an admin and i checked to make sure all states are visible.

Does any part of the flow give you order states for the seat number? Does change seat set a state?
Maybe show the actions for the order state updates.

Are the rules you posted mapped?

V5 mapped by default so unless Removed mapping should be…

I also noticed your order screen has “Select Customer” disabled, mine is enabled. I wonder why.

If we find out why yours’ is disabled, I may solve my issue with disabled “Select Deliverer”

1 Like

Add Show Message Action in Order Added To Ticket Event.
Paste this in Message box: Current Seat: {TICKET TAG:Current Seat}

BTW: Make sure when you copy from forum and paste sometime single/double quote were changed. So, make sure they are correct quotes.

Here I got from your post earlier.
[=’{TICKET TAG:Current Seat}’==" ? ‘Seat 0’ : ‘{TICKET TAG:Current Seat}’]
--^-------------------------^------^------^---^-------------------------^
-------------------------------^

See the different between single quotes. And 2nd line pointer is become double quote instead of 2 single quote.

I have suspect the same issue too