Split Ticket Bug?

I seems as though the split ticket option in Local Settings of 5.3.6 is dependent the Settle Automation Command to have it set to a named Automation Command of Settle in order for it to bring up the cash out / pay screen.

We like to have our button named Pay Bill and after much testing, it simply will not bring up the screen to pay unless you stick with the defaults of Settle.

Is there any way to over come this?

+++++++++

Defaults

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 10.54.25 AM

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 10.51.53 AM

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 10.58.40 AM

++++++++++++

With Customization

This button will not work if your automation is named anything other that Settle.

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 10.49.14 AM

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 10.59.50 AM

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 10.59.26 AM

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 11.00.26 AM

It works. Double check your automation command you created.

Still doesnt work.
As far as double checking goes, all I did was clone the default settle automation command , renamed it to Pay Bill, and removed the mapping on the original settle.

Then adjusted the Split Ticket to use Pay Bill for a settle automation command, and it doesnt work.

I have done this on a test machine and production machine.

What do you need from me to prove it doesnt work?

I will help you and show you a video of it working. Maybe this can help ya. This is a beta version however split ticket is the same no enhancements were made. I can confirm this is running on 5.3.6 this exact database. Take a look maybe you missed something in your setup.

Worst case command and button label are two different things so couldnt you just have the lable s pay bill?

1 Like

I tried lots of way, and looked over everything. The only thing that will work for me is to do as JTRTech suggested. I dont know why I didnt think of that. That will work for the staff.

Did you see the video? I could help identify it if you can show all screenshots of every setting

I do agree it seems what JTR Tech said would solve your real issue though.

I did see the video. Let me make a video as well and post it soon.

Ok here is a video.
What this video shows, is that will the defaults for split ticket, it will print and pay just fine.

HOWEVER, if you change your settle automation name to some other name for organization sake, it breaks the payout button.
It looks like its built in such a way that if you deviate from the name Settle, it will not go to pay screen.

I can name the button to whatever as JTRTech pointed out, but there is still a bug to me if you want to name your automations to make sense to the owner.

Split Ticket Bug Video on Vimeo

Hmm I didnt think we did but perhaps we fixed that in the latest beta. 5.3.8 will be released soon but i pm’d you with a beta to try. Let me know if it fixes it.

The bug still exists in the beta version.
Not a terrible bug, but still.

Hello,
is there any tutorial on how to use this new split method?

How can I move more portions of the same product from one ticket to another? If there are 10 beers on a ticket and I need to move 7 of them to another one, how do I do that?

What are the arrows under the tickets good for? Do not seem to do much for me.

Thank you

It is not designed to move portions… I dont see how that would work. It can split products and move orders but not portions. The arrows are for touch screens that do not support scroll.

Sorry, my bad - I meant order quantity, not portions in Samba meaning. 10 beers on a ticket and I want to move 7 of them to a new ticket. How do I do that? Would be nice to be able to select more pieces at once - e.g. to click the item more than once with a ‘selected amount’ being visible in a bracket - the same way as on a ticket screen.

The up/down arrows work but the left/right do not seem to work. Am I missing something?

Other than that it is a wonderful feature. Is it safe to use? Are the bugs fixed?

Thank you