States Question

I have question about State Order.
Is there a better way to set State Order? I have to create individual actual for each state to set State Order. I have to create 20 actions for 20 seats lol. May be I have to use Seat 01 then take last 2 letters for State Order.

This State Order is suppose to set only once right?

At first I need to understand how you are setting state order before I can recommend something better. Sorry if it was mentioned in the post or something I should remember :slight_smile:

You do not have to create an actual state for each seat
 you misread what I told you to do. let me reference that again on minute.

Maybe i misunderstood what you meant by state order
 are you talking about in your ticket template?

Just make that a variable and define it in rule

Maybe I am thinking about something different. I will be quiet now and let you talk more haha.

That is right State Order. This is the key to make the ticket print out sorting work. I still working on it. too busy today.

Use a variable for it and then you only need 1 action.

How to use variable? Right now I use Substring to get 2 last letters (01,02,03
)
I got weird issue with seating.
Seat 01 order Sandwich
Seat 02 order Burger
Seat 03 order Pizza
Seat 04 order Sandwich

When I print bill by seat {ORDER STATE:Seating} I got error popup:

But if nobody order the same thing there is no problem.
It’s weird because it doesn’t happen when I use order state Course

EDIT: I thought it was Group Sum issue but it’s not. I add Group Sum to Kitchen template which grouped by Order State Course. Hmm
 what course it?

Can you show your use of the Substring to see where your inserting it?

I now try both Seat number and State Order with just 1, 2, 3

No substring, No space in Order State, Still not working.

EDIT: But I glad Course working. Seat Number is not my priority.

Tomorrow I will create your setup and mess with it see if I can figure it out.

Do you know where is the order state store in database. It must be something in State order?
I still using SDF. I will convert to SQLExpress. Don’t know software to open SDF

So its working when you fix that?

Not yet, I thought I found it but still having the same problem.
Actually, it’s State Order which make that error. It is working when no State Order.

I have no idea how State Order works.
Here is what I know:
If I don’t set State Order, Print ticket will print out order as it receive (first State found will group that state first).
If I set State Order (10,20,30
), It works as long as the State has not changed. If I change State, it will popup “Sequence contains morn than one matching element”.

@emre @Jesse Could you please explain how to use state order and state value?

@sukasem I think that relates with Merge Lines setting of printer template. When that setting is enabled duplicate orders merges to a single line and as that single line contains both seat values reading a seat value generates the error. I mean error message says “an order contains more than one seat values”. As you mean to write seat next to order line I think you can disable Merge Lines setting.

2 Likes

That was it. Have to UNCHECKED merge line in printer template.
What weird is merge line working in Course state but not Seat state.

But I have to try to test changing state if it work