Step by Step Guidance on setting up Caller ID Feature

@forbesgyro,
I use a broadcast message action and a message received in all terminals
Each time an incoming call is received the phone terminal transmits a message to the rest of the terminals and those present PopUp.
You can also set up so that when you click on the PopUp is updating the search for client widget .
Try it it’s not perfect but good enough :smile:

1 Like

how can make broadcast message and actions

@forbesgyro,
My English is not good and hard to explain.
Try to follow the steps screenshot

Please let me know if it works.

@pizzaeilat4

I’m trying to set this up but don’t understand what you have put for Widget Name ?

Also when I click on the Pop up it does not enter the customer search screen?

search screen is a custom screen With a entity search widget that i named “חיפוש” (search in hebrew)
this action updates the search Value when a popup clicked

So does this not work with default Customer Search entity screen?

not thet i now
for me it works whith a custom screen With a entity search widget
not the default search screen

Okay @pizzaeilat4 thanks for the help, I have started a new post as this a new topic.

1 Like

By your rules and actions it looks like you are calling a Widget by name, which is why it only works on a custom entity screen.

@emre I was able to setup the CallerID well. It works perfectly!

I have a question. Can I answer in the computer? Because I want to force the waiters to take all the orders through the SambaPOS and not being able to take orders in the phone and then pass them to the SambaPOS.

What is the normal behavior or use of the Phone with the Caller ID? The idea is that the person should answer in the normal phone and see who is calling in the SambaPOS? In that case you need a phone line for the computer and another one for the phone.

Or the idea is to connect the phone line to the computer and you can answer and manage the calls through the computer? I would prefer this case.

Anybody?

@emre @Jesse @QMcKay

There is no phone line integration for now. We only display caller id information. That will require different handling as phone can ring while we’re creating a ticket.

For the above requirement would VoIP Technology work?

Most VoIP companies provide the features that normal phone companies charge extra for when they are added to your service plan. VoIP includes:
Caller ID
Call waiting
Call transfer
Repeat dial
Return call
Three-way calling

Additional Information on VoIP:

http://www.itspa.org.uk/FAQs.shtml

Yes some modem models also supports some of these features however if I’ve didn’t misunderstood it @dcarey asking for creating new tickets by answering calls. There’ll be no phone device and operators will talk through headphones like call centers does. That might be possible by using automation features but I don’t know how it can be done.

Hello, I have a device that was intended for other POS systems. Putty is giving data and I assume that this can work with the correct formating. I would be thankful for any help. The putty sting is “01 I S 0000 G A1 11/26 11:45 PM ???-???-??? CELLULAR CALL” I have changed the actual phone number to all ? for privacy. Thank you again!

Hello @k7raid. Can you call it from multiple phone numbers and list putty outputs here? We can probably make it work but I want to see if it contains a static data that does not change between phone calls.

Thank you for being so thorough emre. the putty data is as follows;
01 I S 0000 G A1 11/27 00:08 AM ???-???-??? CELLULAR CALL
01 I S 0000 G A1 11/27 08:04 AM ???-???-??? ALL AMERICAN CO
01 I S 0000 G A1 11/27 08:23 AM ???-???-??? HLYWD MINIMART

fortunately it looks static. Thank you again.

Can you try using this match pattern? .{32}([^\s]+)

I tried that using the device as generic Modem, I also deleted the “trim chars” data that is in by default and I am still not getting a pop up showing any incoming call. Am I missing something? This device needs no init and actually will not handle commands, it seems to just pull caller-id data no matter what.