Stop selling out of stock items

Add product covers bulk.
Main gap in that is change quantity +/- which can be disabled and custom buttons put in their place which I did a tutorial for.
How else do you add products? By automation which you create custom anyway.

You can just tap on product more than once instead of entering number and pressing product button. It will pass away that rule and will add product to ticket any quantity you need.

So each time order added triggered.

Sounds like config issue to me, constraint on order added like this would be the most straightforward to restrict. Single quantity added each time and order added trigger.

You can see the Savannah Drink they are 3 only in stock.
now if i click on the menu item button four times or more it will go to negative.
Thats all i want to stop

is there a counter or this
‘{TICKET ORDER QUANTITY TOTAL EXP:(MN=[:MenuItemName]) && (OS.Status=New)}’
Can prevent the addition of the menu item beyond the current stock level

Got the synatx working now let me brush it … :smirk::smirk::smirk:

It is a pity, it is not possible (for now, i hope). Because , each time you add product to ticket, the product quantity in inventory stock won’t decrease in real-time, it will decrease after you press Close ticket button. And that’s the issue that Product Added rule won’t work properly as product inventory remains the same when even product is added to ticket.

Works Perfectly well unless i meet another glitch this is super

Yes i agree plus with the various methods of adding orders in to a ticket means more checks
we need a better method to ensure we can lock the negative stock sales

You could in theory use similar sum in the button header.

Other than menu addition the +/- quantity would be the main issue other than custom automation.
Personally I’m moving away from +/- and having a single change quantity button with a prompt anyway.

1 Like

wish it was possible to hide the +/- buttons from the clerks

Pretty sure you can. It’s a setting somewhere.

1 Like

You can, it’s in user role options.
See my tutorial for custom +/- buttons which then allow you to add constraints etc.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks Gents that’s a mileage solved lots of issues.

2 Likes

Sorry for reviving a very old post, I have tried following up this post to set stock. I want to stop selling of negative stock from my set up. That’s means my stock level should never go below 0.
When I follow this post am list on the way, The actions associated with the set rules are not clearly defined. I would like to know the constraints inside the rules, so for those of you who have managed to set this rule kindly share your actions

Show us what you made so far.

If you read the post you would see that there is a perfect script to get what you need and original poster named everything that needs to be present for this to work.

Also as you can see that the name matches action that says Show Message in red.

The constraints are as follows

I am not in front of a computer to check my setup but replace {NAME} with [:MenuItemName]

When i change the [Name] to [MenuItemName] this is the error that am getting

PNG7