Super Simple Happy Hour Price List

What’s the disable one about???
No actions just means that rule does nothing.

Anyway.
You have between 1559 and 1700.
The time shown in corner is after 6pm.
6pm is 1800…

Cheka la Hora es formato Militar

I finally figured out: turns out my server and terminal where doing automation have both windows in english, and all other terminals have windows in spanish, since I live in Mexico…
So I went to Samba and just clicked on “override windows regional settings” and, that was it, finally got it to work… It seems quite strange, but somehow it worked.

I was able to setup Happy hour successfully following this giude>

I want a situation where I can manually use a button to activate happy hour anytime any day.

I can apply happy hour to a customer bill anytime any date instead of automating it with time range.

Can I get that?

Use a global program setting, update it with a toggle automation command for say ON/OFF and change daye/time rule constraints for program setting equals ON.

1 Like

How can I do that? Please shop me existing guide or share steps

I didnt get this part well

Make an automation command button, for happy hour,
put ON and OFF in the values box and select toggle.
This will make the command value toggle each time the button is pressed.
Then make an automation command executed rule for the command name of that button and use the command value for the value of the program getting in an update program setting action with global set to true and setting name of say ‘HappyHour’.
Then in HH rule where time constrints were origionally change the time and date parts to just be {SETTING:HappyHour} equals ON, where HappyHour is the setting name set above, to call the current value from the program setting.

5 Likes

Thank youn so much for your assistants. I am grateful

1 Like

Could you help with it ? I tried its not working

Tutorial works, must have a mistake.
Cant help unless you explain where it’s not working and what’s happening.

Thanks its working Now.

Can we show how much amount is saved as Happy Hour from the actual prices.

What i mean is, lets say Fries Cost is 10, when i apply HH it becomes 5, but can we show in the bill, total amount saved 10-5 = 5

I think you can individually at least.
Sure emre added ability to call {PRICE:HH}.
Think when I tried before I struggled to get normal price.
Think the verdict was {PRICE:} or {PRICE: } but was a while ago.

1 Like

You can do that but as JTR pointed out to me sometime ago, best to apply additional order state during HH and report it that way.

You can do some amazing things with order/ticket/entity states. Really effective and easy to do.

2 Likes

Arrr yer, state values is better way to achieve this, forgot about that method.

I love the simplicity and flexibility of this setup. I did modify it to utilize Order Tags (for a discount) rather than updating the order price. This allows to print a discount line item and shows the entire price then the discount.

My wife also needed different specials for each day of the week along with a daily happy hour. Utilized this same setup with multiple discount price lists for each day.

**Price List Editor

**Simple rule without day/time restriction

**Action

**Hidden Order Tag List

2 Likes

I moved away from price lists discounts to fixed % on products based on custom product tags for food/drink etc.
The discount is calculated using report expression and math and update triggered on several rule events.

You mentioned daily specials, have you seen my specials setup I posted on forum? I have an entity screen to update specials so staff and managers can update without messing with products and menus.

Why would I want to make it easy for them?? @kate

Just kidding, I didn’t see it, I only saw Quicy’s long one with the VIP level options. I started out using custom product tags, but like the table layout of the price list definitions.

Essentially there is a daily special (different each day), as well as a daily happy hour from 4-7. Can you send me a link and I’ll check it out.

Might be different type of specials that what your referring to.