Talk about history!

I was just casually strolling through the net checking out whats new about samba, and to see if that actual poster who tried to flame samba before would actually write a review, when i stumbled across this forum
http://forums.foodservice.com/index.cfm?FSF_action=view_thread&FSF_ID=20339

It was an old forum post back when Samba was still in it’s early stages and what @emre dealt with at the beginning. It was quite topic i must say. haha!

2 Likes

LOL love the last post Hehe

3 Likes

Seriously? Wow. LOL.

“every graphical POS program in the world, uses a graphical interface which is based on the graphical interface which I copyrighted in 1986” - Id10t

3 Likes

LOL Missed that one… that’s an awfully broad copyright.
If it were the case hes even bigger idiot that he first sounded like as if it were true you would have thought he would have done something with it and be putting his feet up on licence fees/royalties or whatever the case would be HEHE

2 Likes

The best post is on page 3 by the guy named pooryorick, where he completely shreds every sentence in methodical fashion. Most excellent reading. Too bad that forum doesn’t have +1/upvote/Like buttons.

2 Likes

PAGE 3, lol, only saw first page hehe
Was on my phone first thing in the morning so wasnt quite awake yet LOL

2 Likes

What an awesome read. That guy is an arrogant !@£$%! Fair play @emre for getting Samba where it is today! Just bought a second license today on top of the other 2 i have :slight_smile:

Just goes to show, how negative people can be… same as when I opened my shop, look who’s laughing now.

Well done!

3 Likes

Lol Emre composed himself well as always.

4 Likes

When I first started SambaPOS I was frequently receiving negative comments because of incorrect beliefs about open source so I didn’t think he’s intentionally attacking. That was a longer discussion but some people deleted or edited their posts later. I wish I could save them. I’m really glad pooryorick joined and gave him appropriate answers.

7 Likes