Tasty Igniter Integration

Well the funny thing is if you have button Menu vs Order Online. If ppl want to see menu they will click menu. I got a lot of call while ppl look at menu online and ofcourse much more then online order. Why don’t they just click order online I’m wondering lol.

Probably because we still live in a world where people feel “safer” to call and give their card details over the phone to some unknown person (who might write down, steal, etc…) rather than do a secure transaction online where the restaurant never gets the card details! :stuck_out_tongue:

Now most of online order like Just eat do delivery and they pretty much no limit delivery area. That why the address is not concern them.

No I have button to check delivery area before going to online order. I see less almost none out of service area. I’m not forcing to enter.

I would put Order Online and Pay at the door :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, this is true. However I am looking for more direct Paypal integration without having to switch my CC processing to Braintree :-\

1 Like

Nice, thanks! Yes they have a poor attitude towards development. I assume it has to do with potential revenue stream and controlling the platform. I appreciate their platform but they are not viable for fast paced real-world scenarios.

You can restrict delivery area in GloriaFood but it’s not recommended, because it will refuse an order you might normally accept if it is just outside the area you put in your settings.

Hi Naresh are you able to build an android and iOS app for GloriaFood that includes push notifications to end users? I have a customer interested.

HI we do have that on the road map but for the later part of next year. we do have an app for gloria foods just doesnt do push notifications at the moment. let me know if your intrested in it.

1 Like

Thanks Naresh if you can send me costs please. We are looking to avoid the magnitude of the monthly cost of the app provided by GloriaFood. I’m not actually sure if that does push notifications either? I asked them but not received a response as yet. Either way, a cheaper solution would be preferred. Preferably one-off cost. The push notifications are not essential as they do not reach customers that have uninstalled the app, or indeed those that haven’t installed it in the first place. And I don’t want to send push notifications and SMS carrying the same messages to the same users.
Thanks.

One off cost for something like that would be nearly impossible and be able to maintain the app. There are ongoing costs associated with keeping apps listed on ios and Android app store.

The cost of gloriafood app is high yes. But I wouldn’t hold my breath for someone to offer a one off cost for an app if it is maintained in the app stores.

I would imagine a yearly cost would be a good model.

Are branded apps more affective as more shared generic apps? Or is it mostly just the branding aspect people look for in custom apps?

1 Like

BTW with our integration you can do your own text marketing. Maybe not push but text would be very effective. It can be setup with providers like clicksend and our automation

Hey Jesse,

Happy to consider any support/maintenance cost factored in. The cost would be passed on to the client.

The guy has an app for his existing online solution and the benefit is they have that icon on their home screen that they can easily open up and order from without any competition also listed on it.
I’ve looked at the shared Foodbooking app and the reviews of it on the Play Store don’t tell a very positive story. I have also downloaded it and had a look at it.

It frustrates me having to organise an app because in this instance it’s not really doing much more than a shortcut to the homepage placed on the users smartphone home screen. Im not sure it’s so easy to get people to add a web link to their home screen as most people are used to downloading and installing an app.

I might still just have an ‘add to homescreen’ popup for iPhone users and do an app for the play store myself. It’s just I understand it’s a bit more faffing about to the iOS side of things. I don’t like doing a lot of work for something that is not going to bring any large benefit (in my eyes). So it was just to see if anyone had a solution ready to go, rather than reinventing a wheel.

For the SMS - he doesn’t want it integrated so I’m going to do the marketing separately using any bulk sending service. I have played about with the SMS integration on Samba and am very impressed with it.

Yeah their paid app is the same food booking app it’s its submitted with an icon and it’s redirected directly to the restaurants order menu

Its not worth it.

Yes this is what I mean. We can build our own using.automation I have done it with clicksend for my own restaurant.

I hear what you are saying. For the marketing it will just be the occasional SMS to encourage orders. I will export them from Gloria .
I have linked his Gloria to Shipday as well, which I’m quite happy with.
It would be better to have it linked to Samba right enough, in terms of having it send an SMS When the order is received.

The problem is he wants a separate tablet to accept the orders. Can you have that when it’s integrated to Gloria?

You can easily do that if you integrate gloriafood with sambapos.

Yes the tablet remains. Our integration is just polling accepted orders and inserting them.

No you have to still use the tablet to accept orders. We poll the accepted orders and insert them. You can even let sambapos handle the printing so your templates match. But if you prefer to print from tablet you can do that too.

Is it possible to have the separate printer (linked via the order acceptance app)?

He stated he wants it separate so if I were to set it up like you say then all this stuff would need to be happening without being visible to the staff. Apparently they get confused when it’s integrated.

Does this still need the annual licence for Gloria integration?

You can turn off sambapos printing and use tablet. Yes it requires an annual fee for the integration.

It can be invisible to staff. It would just insert the orders. If they are paid online it comes in paid already. If they are not it comes in unpaid so you can easily pull it up to pay.