Tasty Igniter Integration

Thanks Jesse.

Do the Gloria sales need to show on the end of day reports or is it possible to omit them?

I donā€™t understand that question. If you donā€™t want sales to show then probably you should not integrate. But you could use special payment types for it and unmap the accounts so you donā€™t see them.

With custom reports you can hide anything.

Yeah. Am not wholly sure why he wants it separate so I am just trying to cover that avenue in case he asks me. He just told me he wanted it separate so thatā€™s how I have set it up. I will ask him this week to reconsider. I had not thought about how integration could benefit so much with the SMS because heā€™s very keen on the SMS for order confirmation etc.

You can run it with specific Payment type for online and keep it separated. You can even separate ticket type etc. So yes you can separate sales from normal sales.

Likely thatā€™s what he really wants.

1 Like

For what its worth, I would rather have one app with which I can order from my x favourite restaurants than x number of different apps with one for each restaurant.

But Iā€™m with Jesse: it isnā€™t worth $600/year.

Think of this: were there such a demand, and the marketing data shows that it increased sales, why doesnā€™t Uber Eats have that option available?

I just dont see the value for a branded app unless your a major chain or if your such a high volume or your brand depends on itā€¦ but most places are not that way.

1 Like

Well the value is huge if the customer downloads it and uses it.
This is because most people are opening their Just Eat app to order (even from their regular place) which obviously carries huge commission charges for the business. I know restaurants that are paying around Ā£1000 a week to Just Eat on commissions.

So, what many places do is print a flyer with a 15% discount if you download and install their own branded app.The aim is for them to carry on using that instead of Just Eat. If the app offers loyalty/reward then there is further incentive to keep using that instead of Just Eat.

The savings for the takeaway/delivery outlet can run into thousands per month. Itā€™s a tactic pushed by much of the competing online ordering platforms. A lot of them provide the facility to print said promo flyers. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve seen this on Gloriafood as well.

3 Likes