Temporary Price update

I need to update price for almost all items in my menu, create sample tickets, and reverse the changes for few days and then reapply the changes permanently. This is for adhering to my partner aggregator firm’s rule to supply them printed tickets from my POS when I request an update of my menu item prices listed on their site, they take a week to update prices. I will have to run with old prices till they update and then switch to new prices (otherwise I have to forego the business they bring for the days they take to update).
Here is what I think I can do

1. Take a full backup at end of a business day
  2. Update prices,
  3. Duplicate affected price table/(s)
  4. generate tickets of dummy sales, (Send these tickets and updated menu to my partner)
  5. Restore from the full backup
  6. Run normal sales till the changes are applied on the partner’s website
  7. restore price table/(s) from the duplicated table/(s) at step 3
  8. run with new prices.
    Kindly validate if this will work and tell me please what tables I should duplicate at step 3.
    regards
    Anil

You will loose the sales records of the days in between.
Me by not create a new price list/price definition. And set new prices in that.
Then switch using the default price list option which I believed is either a department or ticket type option.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and solution. But, since i am replacing only price related tables, will I still lose transactions data?
regards

Fair enough, if you happy doing that it should be ok, so long as nothing is changed I between obviously.
Can always do full backup before trying anything and test both stages will work ok.
If done out of hours worst case you restore full backup and find alternate solution.
Can’t see why it shouldn’t work.

1 Like