Terminal prints old number on receipt instead of a higher number

Lol, yes that was the thought before your suggestion but your one is better and quicker.

Do you know if there is a SambaPOS best practise guide for setting server with 2 terminals in case I am setting it up my own way as I am figuring it out(might not be aligned with how SambaPOS does it)?

In what way?
All that matters is samba can access SQL.
Other than that just make sure message server is setup and connected on each terminal.
There is no real ‘server’ or ‘master’ as far as the samba app itself is concerned, each terminal is just a samba app connected to SQL DB.
If your SQL hosting machine is also a terminal, other than that you might have set connection string to localhost the samba app itself really doesnt do anything different that on any other terminal, they all comunicate with sq the same regardless of where the DB is hosted on the network.

In terms of the way it is setup. What I did was install sql on main server then SambaPOS configured it with products etc. Then I installed SambaPOS with Terminals 1 and 2 and pointed them to the main server via IP or Server (Name of main server).

The refresh rate on terminals bugs me as there seem to be a 1 minute delay which I believe can cause problems when its very busy (customers in the restaurant). All devices on the network are gigabit i.e switch, router and pc’s and when I copy a file across its fast but on SambaPOS I see that 1 min refresh delay on terminals.

So you are saying the terminals are only accessing the SQL DB and is only sending and receiving information to the DB

What do you mean by refresh rate?
Certain things are cached when first loaded/used such as the menu items. Some backend settings may require logout/login on terminal to be applied.
But what do you mean by refresh rate.

Not sure I follow, what else does one do with a database beyond send and receive data?

So on server we place 5 delivery orders right and it appears on server as waiting orders. On terminal 1 since it is linked it also shows that there is 5 waiting orders just pulling information from server.

Now on server we click on the 5 orders and select drivers then it moves over on server almost immediately. When this happens we watch terminal 1 and the waiting orders has already moved to delivered but on terminal 1 it takes about a minutes to move over.

On server it moves almost immediately and that is understandable but on terminal it takes a minute to update based on what we actioned on server.

On the retail software that I have we can set how often a terminal should poll/refresh a server for information. I’m sure SambaPOS must have this information somewhere thats how it refreshes just need to figure out where it is.

Will be a configuration thing.
Either way an entity screen/widget has a refresh time setting.
But if setup right it shouldn’t need it as message server should trigger the changes ‘push’ style.
Have you installed the message server service on the server and configured all terminals to connect to it in the message server settings in local on each terminal?

You should have green message server connected at bottom of samba, on the right by username.

Lol since you mentioned this widget refresh settings it is set to Auto Refresh and the interval is set to 0. Do you perhaps know what 0 means and if it is better to set it to 1.

I did not know about the messaging server but I have set it up and it shows connected in green :slight_smile: Tomorrow will setup all terminals with it as its just pointing them to the server.

Show a screen shot of the Message Server screen of the server and a terminal. (Manage->Settings->Local Setting->Message Server)

@Bob_be This is on the server (and I will test it tomorrow on the terminals:

I beleive 0 is just that and message server triggers refresh/update.
If you didn’t have message server setup that is likely your issue.

If that is the IP address of your server computer, then all the terminal computer should have the address as it appears on the server computer.

You can confirm this by opening up a Windows command prompt, on the server computer and type in ipconfig The IPv4 Address will be listed under the adapter.

Hey good news the terminals now refresh every second as I have setup the messaging server as you guys advised and everything performs better. Server and all terminals show connected in green.

2 Likes

Just to let you guys know that I made two test Deliveries today 18 June 2020. Then my client ended the Work Period to start their shift and his ticket counter number (The custom tag number) started from 3 instead of 1.

Is this perhaps the number skipping that you referred to?

If you changed reset to 1 then yes.
What were tags on 2nd and 3rd.
Based kn above discussion and your mention of agreeing with .y comment of reset to 1.
Starts day at one. =1
Update setting is plus 1. =2
Tag ticket is setting plus 1 =3
Seccond ticket setting plus 1 =4
Seccond ticket tag setting plus 1 =5

The tags on 2nd was order 45 and 46 as shown by the yellow highlight.

Update setting is plus 1. =2
Tag ticket is setting plus 1 =3
Seccond ticket setting plus 1 =4
Seccond ticket tag setting plus 1 =5

I agree that it was set like that (In qoute)

If your strugling to track setting in your fllw you can see global settings in database using sql manager or add a testing ask question/show message to display value at strategic times to see how it it changing through your flow.

Thanks will read more tutorials regarding the Global Settings in DB. So the testing ask question/show message will be in rules,actions and automation commands right?

Yer, you just make the action with the carry field square brackets and drop in the rule wherever you want so it makes popup showing the expression output.

I did allow of this when setup hotel but it was when I was building action constraints. Some had 3 or more &&/or