Three department auto logout

@JOSHUA2019 if you can describe how you would want to ideally report your tickets and orders, maybe I can guide you on how to structure it too

thanks,
working on the flow above.
will be back in a few

I have imported and also followed up on the configs but its not working.could it be due toversion difference? am on 5.7.6

tanks alot, its now working, let me do some tests and let you know.

@Posflow have tested sales from all departments and the Departmental reports are not working correct.
all the sales are locked to the default department

One step at the time, thats why I asked

@Posflow alright I get you

@Posflow looking forward to report as per department and have the same synchronized to Metric dashboard ad reports

OK, I am happy to guide you in that direction but you haven’t answered my question yet. What reporting problems are you trying to solve?

How do you want it reported?

@Posflow looking forward to report as per department and have the same synchronized to Metric dashboard and reports be departmental based since I really want to follow up the perfomance department wise then have a final report for their combination to get the totalities for the business.
The de partmental reports I have are only showing the report as one department which is the defult depertment fot the user

OK? Do you have a snippet on how its reported now?

Image, .xlsx or .csv sample of how that report looks like?

Hi @Posflow,
yes, Ill send that in a few,
I also want metrik dashboard to translate them as designed

Hi @Posflow ,
sorry for the delayed reply, am back on site.
see the excel and template am using below,
the switch department isn’t tallying correctly as expecrted
Departmental Report.zip (173.6 KB)

Hi @JOSHUA2019,

I edited your syntax here a bit before pasting it. Because it can be simplified.

[Sales per department :1, 1 , 1]

{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Department,O.ItemTag,O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True) AND O.Total>=0}

>Total||{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True)}

It does exactly what you would imagine it to do.

O.Department - department attached to the order sold
O.ItemTag - tag attached to the product sold
O.ExactTotal.sum - sum total of order values + calculations that aren’t services (Include Tax checkbox)

So whats wrong with this?

I guess you want those values by department? i.e. Restaurant, Main Bar, Cocktails etc.

How about you add those values per product in Products > Product Tag Editor > Tag column
And replace your report script with this.

[Sales per department :1, 1 , 1]

{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemTag,O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True) AND O.Total>=0}

>Total|{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True)}
1 Like

Hi, @Posflow,
tested that and its working and am able to generate that as I want.
my worry now is how metrik will report this

If you are using new metrik solution, it should pick up on changes immediately.

If not, you can open Run (Windows Key + R).

Enter services.msc,
restart SambaPOS MessagingServer,
SambaPOS Metrik Controller,
SambaPOS Metrik2 services

Logout and login on metrik and your new report should be there.

Thanks a lot let me fix all the tags first and get back to you.

Hi @Posflow ,
am looking foward to have a work period report per department,
individual waiter sales per department
also if one product ie guiness is sold in both departments, how do i handle it in product list and in product tags
Item sales report per department

Hi @JOSHUA2019,

You aren’t really sharing what you are doing i.e. how many devices you have, departments, terminals, custom reports, rules, actions - or in general where exactly you are stuck and need help with. You are just sending me your to-do list.

If you have multiple departments, I imagine you have multiple POS devices for each section/department in your establishment your team can order from?

You’ll have to define printers per device (terminal), terminals and change local settings in SambaPOS for each device - further on, you can use T.Terminal and/or O.Terminal in report to get information from which device ticket/order came from. This way you can get Terminal (device), ItemTag, ExactTotal report.
Other reason why to go with terminals instead is because you don’t have to select them like departments, and you can have orders from multiple terminals in one ticket.

If you only have 1 ordering device but 4 virtual departments - having one input device and 4 virtual departments to choose from will be extremely inefficient to implement whichever way you go about it. But if that’s the case, I would automate a mix of Ticket Tags and Order States that apply to orders when selected by user. My thought process on that is that it is easy it to constrain custom automation through ticket tags and order states. To add to that, both are easily reported via custom report tags.

For other reporting options and tags look up Custom Report Tags and other related threads.

From your last message its starting to look like you expect me to provide ready to go solutions. I am here in my own free time trying to help. So I am going to put it down as language barrier.

If you want ready to go solutions, you can post a thread in Ads category, clearly define your use case, problems and objectives, someone might contact you in private with an estimate work and price.

I believe I provided you with plenty of information to get you started, insight on some more advanced concepts and you should be able to continue your own journey of customizing your own ideal solution.

2 Likes

Before anyone can really help please answer the most important question. Show us screen shots and be very clear with what you’re doing and what you expect. You have confused most of us so far and it’s because we can’t understand what you want to do.