Ticker number issue

hellow, i want to know if its is possible not to increment ticket number when merging two tickets that are in the same table.

I dont think so as when you merge two tickets its actually creating a new 3rd ticket with both tickets on together, hence why the ticket number increases

It doesnt add one ticket onto another

mm here in colombia the DIAN sees that as a possible fraud, is there a way to avoid this? at the end of the day there always a lot of 0.0 tickets used…the DIAN assigns a range of ticket numbers in wich the restaurant can sell, im “wasting” a lot of ticket numbers at the end of the month. please help.

Think others have handled this with a seperate reference incriminated through automation and set to ticket tag rather than using ticket number/id

thannks for that info, but…i CANT find those threads in the forum, could you help me with that please, a tutorial or a thread in the forum please.

Here is @QMcKay ‘s step by step tutorial on creating a unique ticket number that is applied as a ticket tag ONLY when the ticket is fully paid

So you complete your first transaction and the ticket is paid the ticket number of 1 is created and added as a ticket tag

Open two more tickets, no number is added yet as those tickets are not yet paid. Merge those tickets to one ticket, and settle and fully pay and the ticket number 2 is added as a ticket tag

And so on

So as the ticket number is ONLY applied when the ticket is fully paid all your sale transactions will have a sequential incrementing number

Have a read of the tutorial below