Ticket Lister Sort by time open

I have a ticket lister displaying all open tickets and I want to sort by time open.
I am using [=F(TN('{CREATION MINUTES}')*0.000694444,'#')] to convert the minutes to days.
I have tried using {CREATION MINUTES} and {TICKET DATE} but they dont sort correctly.

So are you never closing work period?

Work period is closed at the end of each day.
These tickets are pre-order.

Im not sure if the tags work the same for Pre-Order tickets or not. Ill have to research that.

EDIT: Ok it looks like they should. When I use {TICKET DATE} it seems to work fine for me. But let me test more…

Sorting it by ID should give you the result you need. Ticket ID’s are generated sequentially.

Uncheck Sort descending option and enable Order by Id. That should give you desired result.

That was my first solution but I came across a particular scenario in which this wouldn’t work.
Eg.
Ticket Created and converted to quote. gets its ticket ID.
Customer comes back a week later and decides to go ahead with the purchase, Quote is converted to Ticket (Date updated) so now this ticket creation is today.
If i sort by ID it will show back with tickets that were created a week previously.

Wouldnt it be easier to separate Quotes from real Tickets you could put both on same screen.

I am not sure how to get your desired result when your mixing the two Ticket Types.

The screenshot above is my layaway system It only shows my Layaway tickets.

Here is an example:
A quote was generated a week ago. and got eg. Ticket ID: 1512. The customer came back 3 days ago and decided to make the purchase. When sorting by Ticket ID this ticket now shows with older tickets.

Custom order by expressions sorts items alphabetically not numeric values of the expressions. You can use a custom expression like that <L>[=F('{CREATION MINUTES}','00000000000')] to sort them correctly but I think this work very slow… Next update (.58) will contain “Date” setting to sort tickets by ticket date.

3 Likes

I have the same issue, when i use a ticket state
I get the correct value in my lister, but the sorting doens’t work.

is there a syntax that works?

Sorting by what doesn’t works?

Sorting by Custom ticket state. I trigger this state when the kitchen orde is to be prepared.
The sorting order ‘last update’ isn’t what i need, because it updates also when aditional bar orders are ordered.
I get the correct value when i use {ticket state minutes:x.}, but the sorting gets messed up, specialy when 2 tickets get the state in the same minute.

So why you’re sorting by {TICKET STATE MINUTES} ?.
Did you tried sorting by {TICKET STATE:The Blah State}.

PS: Sorry for the blah state. I don’t know which state you’re referring to :slight_smile:

Yes, i did… but that doesn’t sort by time.
{TICKET STATE SECONDS:xxx} doesn’t work also :smile:

@emre is this a bug, or as designed. Is there a way to sort by seconds?

found a solution :grinning:
found this feature in the forum
[=Helper.GetUniqueString()]
Gives time as HH.mm.xxx

i use it to update a ticket tag

an i can sort on this tag

1 Like

{DATE:X} tag works as well

2 Likes