Ticket screen issue

Weird issue with the ticket screen… the left side of the screen where the buttons go has swapped with the ticket list… see screenshot below…

The menu is also scrunched up on the right. Not sure what to do tried to delete the sambasetting text file from the user account but it doesn’t seem to work.

Also this is only happening on this terminal.

Hi @antasp3136,
this happens for me too if i change my table to sideway or upright when samba is open…
It should remain in one direction.

you mean with screen rotation?.. Im not sure if the client had rotated the screen or not as it is a desktop pc. Funny thing is that the computer was rebooted over night and today its back to normal… Strange tho.

oh its a desktop pc? then i dont know i had this screen whit my tablets while screen rotation… :slight_smile:

SambaPOS has a “flipping” feature where it swaps the Ticket and Commands at certain pixel widths or percent of screen width to accommodate narrow displays (ie. a Tablet in Portrait Mode).

For example, this appears to happen around 745px wide at 125% Windows Zoom Level and 725px wide at 100% Windows Zoom Level on a 1920x1280 screen. Other screen resolutions might affect the pixel width where the “flip” occurs.

This might also be affected by the SambaPOS setting for “Window Scale” and a newer feature where you can set the “Ticket Area Size”, both in percent:

That activates when main window width is smaller than window height. Probably the app you’re using resizes SambaPOS screen unexpectedly and it does not get aware of window size changes. If you double click on SambaPOS logo it should update itself.

1 Like

Might be nice to have that screen flip as a feature so we can have ticket screen on the right hand side for left handed people.

Could maybe be a setting in the user setup, a tick box for left handed so when they log in the screen flips to allow the left handed user to more comfortably use their left hand on a touch screen

When a right hander logs in the screen flips back