Ticket Times Display on Print Bill Receipt

Dear All,
May I know something about Ticket Times display on receipt.

1. I want to show Ticket Begin Time,End Time and Duration Time on Print Bill Receipt. For Duration , i tried with “{CREATION MINUTES}”, it show correctly, but for Begin and End time, I do not know how to add it with correct format.
    Could someone please, guide me?
  2. Also , i want to show Ticket Begin,End and Duration time in {Report Ticket Details}.
    I could not find Begin Time and End Time. Duration Time also shows too many decimal places.
    Please, someone help me.

Respect,
MD Hasan

What format are you wanting to use?

Can you show your report?

I want to show Ticket Open Time/Close Time on Print Bill from the “Op-Cls” column information from Ticket Lister.

If you’re printing the bill to present to the customer for payment later, there would be no ticket close time. You could use {TIME} to print the time the ticket was printed.

Otherwise you may have to use a report for a closed ticket. Something like:
{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:T.LastUpdateTime;hh\:mm tt,:T.Id={TICKET ID}}

2 Likes

After thinking about it, using a new Ticket State might be the better solution. You could set the state when the ticket is created (or anytime after that), then end that state when the bill is printed.

On your screen shot there is a line for room charge. Could you explain in more detail what you are trying to do? There may be a better solution if we all knew what the whole story is.

Dear Bob_be,
Thank for your help.
We use Samba in one of KTV Entertainment Service. There are ktv room charge per hour. Although we can use product timer easily, but their operation is not just simple like product timer function. They only want to charge for at least 60minutes and for extra at least 30 minutes. So, if we use product timer, i will calculate extra 1, 2,3,4 minutes. But for their case, they can give extra 5 or 10 minutes free. Another way, i can also use product timer only for time with zero pricing, the cashier need to do “Stop Timer” manually. we can show ticket duration minutes on Print Bill, but we don’t know how to add Begin/End time on Print Bill.
yes, this is the whole story for KTV Entertainment Service.
Respect,
MD Hasan

Thanks for the detailed explanation of what your situation is. I think order state would be the way to go. Give me a few days to try a few things that might work.

1 Like

For the rooms, are they entities (like tables) or they menu items? If menu items, is there a menu item for each room or just 1 menu item for multiple rooms?

Sorry for my late reply.
Yes, Rooms are like table (Entities).
Menu items for multiple rooms.

I played around with the product timers. I think that would be the best way to go. You could set it up when an menu item for the room is added to the ticket a product timer gets added as well (with a zero price). You will need an Add Order action, you will only need to fill in the Menu Item Name with the product timer. Then in Rules you would use a rule event of Order Added to Ticket and constrain it to the menu item(s) for the room(s) and add the new action.

The user would stop the product timer when the customer was done with the room. It would show how much time has elapsed and the user could add what ever charge for going over the hour limit.

Using Product Timer you have built in printer templates options: