Ticket validation with Barcode Scanner & other issues

Good day to you,

I would like to purchase the SambaPOS licence to deploy at my shop. Kindly assist me in answering the below:

1. Can I validate tickets issued to customers by the entrance at the point of their service on the premises with a universal Barcode Scanner?
  2. Setup a vendor’s account whereby the proceeds of the sales are shared by the host and vendor (70% for vendor & 30% for host)
  3. Setup 1 server and 5 terminals with different prices and varied services.

Thank you for your anticipated response.

Davie

Its all possible but if you are new to SambaPOS I would recommend you to go through official channels via local distributor who can configure all these features for you.

Thank you so much for the hint.

I decided to study the setup guides on kb.sambapos.com carefully and also read some forum tutorials which enabled me to completely setup my server and configured my terminals.

However, I still haven’t figured out how to go about setting a vendor’s account where the proceeds of sales would be divided amongst the Host (owner of business) and vendor (guest conducting business on premises). The formula for division is 70% for vendor & 30% for host.

I would be glad if I can get help to wrap this project up. Thank you in anticipation of your help

1 Like

PS:

I came across this article Separating Sales Accounts on Ticket that addressed the creation of a separate account for the vendors different from the host’s products, which is a major step in the right direction.

Now the only thing left is how to divide the proceeds from the sales by 70% for host and 30% for host. This should reflect on all tickets printed from the vendors terminal and reports too.

Thank you SambaPOS, my needs are met excellently!

Great to hear! There is a lot of ground to cover regarding your custom processes, post here if you get stuck, there are a lot of pros here that can assist or guide you in the right direction

You might have to explain how this works in details, I can think of 2-3 different ways this can be tackled

Thank you Sir for your prompt response.

My clients owns a Mall where he has vendors coming in to register and display their wares. They have an agreement to split the proceeds arising from sales 70 % - 30%.

The payment for products of the vendor is made through my client (mall owner). For accountability and transparency, the mall owner wants every ticket printed from vendor sales to reflect the records of percentage as mentioned above.

That is the scenario I’m trying to capture with this now.

Thank you for your anticipated help.

I am Having a same issue last time. I am looking for information about it. Now I will got my solution. I will follow you to update the latest posts.

Much obliged. Looking forward to your updates

UPDATE ON WORK DONE AND SOLUTIONS REACHED

SambaPOS is a unique application and I keep learning daily as the days go by. I asked for some help but couldn’t get any valuable assistance due to my inability to spell out what I wanted to achieve neatly. For the sake of clarity, I would like to restate what I wanted to achieve and the solutions I later adopted.

The above was supposed to mean: A system whereby a visitor obtains an entry ticket to the facility containing a QR code, and scans it onto a turnstile to gain access to the premises.

I achieved this by buying a turnstile and a QR scanner from Kimaldi. I integrated the two into a single system. The QR code is generated as a JPEG and attached to the receipt template so each time I print the receipt, the QR code gets printed as well.

However, the task currently at hand is that I want to be able to invalidate the tickets after a single use but I cannot do that because I don’t yet have access to the SambaPOS API. While I work on getting this access, I would so much appreciate anyone who would point me to a guide on how to complete this task or a previous project with a similar procedure to use as a guide.

Thank you in anticipation of your help.