Time Clock & Punch Editor - Custom Navigation Flow: Uses Employee Entities not Users

thank you kendash I really like your work and the flow you have created the only thing I need for the timelock to work for me is to return to the navigation screen after (the order is sent to the kitchen, after pressing close button , pressing print bill button and pay the ticket)
I was researching every action and rule that you created and I found that the action i need to add is " tc: navigate module" so I added this action to close ticket and print bill rule and it works fine it returns to navigation screen however I can not get it working when I pay a ticket after clicking a cash or crefit card button
ive tried to add this action to “ticket payment check rule” but did not work i dont know what rule i need to modify to get the expected result maybe you could give some help
Muchas Gracias =)

1 Like

Can you share a ZIP from your setting?

I am no longer using this so I do not have this config any more. I am using 7Shifts, www.7shifts.com, and an integration I wrote for SambaPOS

Not sure I understand your not using samba time clock anymore? So I have to paid for an other program for keep tracking of the time sheet?

He changed to use 7shifts as it offers a better solution.
SambaPOS is after all a POS not a wages software.
Yes it is possible to do a basic time clock within samba, you can make your own or as you have tried, use the tutorials on forum (which work), however if you are unable to achive what tutorial shows perhaps you either need to seek a reseller to do for you or go for an ‘active’ solution.
Jesse moved to a better soluton to use a 3rd party and intergrate samba as a punch clock. If you dont like that then your welcome to go back and follow the tutorials.

7shifts is free for less than 10 employees. It is totally worth the money though. It has saved me almost 20% on payroll.

1 Like

Ok thanks i Will take a look … and they make week salary To? And other question I’ve been looking and searching for around 3 hours for a inventory report printer template … I have one … look good on viewer but when I print I just have the inventory item And the unit … no quantity…

And do you use accounting systems of samba or you using other systems to

So i just pass a lot of time to read on the forum , my point is, i need somting like a punch card, for my employees sign after ther week … i dont do my accounting , i send every thing to my accountant and hes making the paid and the slips…taxes etc

This is beta and was not complete but it does work. Backup your database first and import this db tools file then go to configuration tasks and execute timeclock task. timeclock

There is a small bug with the above post (from Jesse) beta Time Clock in the Punch Report. The bug will happen if you edit the Start or End time in the Punch Editor…The Punch Report doesn’t add/subtract the corrected time. Here is the modified Punch Report I use (with totals).

[Punch Report:2.5,2.5,2,1.5,1.5,1.5, 1.5]
Clocked In Date & Time|Clock Out Date & Time|Duration|Break|Total Hrs|Reported Tips
@{REPORT TASK DETAILS:TSC.User.asc:(TST=Punch) && T.Completed=True:,}
$1
{REPORT TASK DETAILS:
T.StartDate,
T.StartTime,
T.EndDate,
T.EndTime,
T.Duration;fm\:h\ \h\r\ m\ \m,
TSD.Break.sum;fs\:h\:mm,
=([T.Duration]-([TSD.Break]/60));fm\:h\:mm,
TSCN.Tip.sum
:(TST=Punch) && T.Completed=True && (TSC.User=$1)
:[=FD(‘{0}’,‘ddd M/d’)] [=FD(‘{1}’,‘hh:mm tt’)]|[=FD(‘{2}’,‘ddd M/d’)] [=FD(‘{3}’,‘hh:mm tt’)]|{4}|{5}|{6}|${7}}
Totals for $1| # Entries: {REPORT TASK DETAILS:T.EndDate.count:(TST=Punch) && T.Completed=True && (TSC.User=$1)}|{REPORT TASK DETAILS:[T.Duration.sum]/60,[T.Duration.sum]%60,[TSD.Break.sum]/60/60,[TSD.Break.sum]/60%60,=[([T.Duration]-([TSD.Break]/60)).Sum] / 60,=[([T.Duration]-([TSD.Break]/60)).Sum] % 60:(TST=Punch) && T.Completed=True && (TSC.User=$1):[=F(TN(‘{0}’),‘00’)] hrs [=F(TN(‘{1}’), ‘00’)] mins|[=F(TN(‘{2}’),‘0’)]:[=F(TN(‘{3}’),‘00’)]|[=F(TN(‘{4}’),‘0’)]:[=F(TN(‘{5}’),‘00’)]}|$ {REPORT TASK DETAILS:TSCN.Tip.sum:(TST=Punch) && (TSC.User=$1)}
Persons on this Report: {REPORT TASK DETAILS:TSC.User.asc:(TST=Punch) && T.Completed=True:,}

1 Like

Thanks Bob! Yes it’s a shame we couldn’t finish it together. Emre left us right around the time we were inventing this.

I’ll admit the report isn’t very clean looking. I’m sure Emre would have some trick up his sleeve to clean it up alot! :cry:

thank you guys just have to complete the widjet sceen?

What do you mean widget screen?

Thanks I figured out everything work well :grin:

Thanks so much for the work you’ve put on this special feature over the years Jesse.

I’ve followed this post and the v4 tutorial post closely (Time Clock: Linked to SambaPOS Users with Custom Reports).

With all the iterations, which version would you recommend to implement?

I’ll be installing this on v5 and I’m leaning towards your v4 tutorial as it seems to have all the basic reporting I need.

But wanted to ask if there is an advantage to install the v5 tutorial over the v4 tutorial? :blush:

(The v5 tutorial seems to have more moving parts)

Neither actually. I’ll get you a link to one that’s better.

Oh really. How come?

Link would be highly appreciated! :blush:

I discovered a bug in the above report I posted. The problem is the Hours were being rounded up when dividing. This report corrects the problem:

[Punch Report:2.5,2.5,2,1.5,1.5,1.5, 1.5]
Clocked In Date & Time|Clock Out Date & Time|Duration|Break|Total Hrs|Reported Tips
@{REPORT TASK DETAILS:TSC.User.asc:(TST=Punch) && T.Completed=True:,}
$1
{REPORT TASK DETAILS:
T.StartDate,
T.StartTime,
T.EndDate,
T.EndTime,
T.Duration;fm\:h\ \h\r\ m\ \m,
TSD.Break.sum;fs\:h\:mm,
=([T.Duration]-([TSD.Break]/60));fm\:h\:mm,
TSCN.Tip.sum
:(TST=Punch) && T.Completed=True && (TSC.User=$1)
:[=FD(‘{0}’,‘ddd M/d’)] [=FD(‘{1}’,‘hh:mm tt’)]|[=FD(‘{2}’,‘ddd M/d’)] [=FD(‘{3}’,‘hh:mm tt’)]|{4}|{5}|{6}|${7}}
Totals for $1| # Entries: {REPORT TASK DETAILS:T.EndDate.count:(TST=Punch) && T.Completed=True && (TSC.User=$1)}|{REPORT TASK DETAILS:[T.Duration.sum]/60,[T.Duration.sum]%60,[TSD.Break.sum]/60/60,[TSD.Break.sum]/60%60,=[([T.Duration]-([TSD.Break]/60)).Sum] / 60,=[([T.Duration]-([TSD.Break]/60)).Sum] % 60:(TST=Punch) && T.Completed=True && (TSC.User=$1):[=F(TN(‘{0}’)<<0,‘00’)] hrs [=F(TN(‘{1}’)<<0, ‘00’)] mins|[=F(TN(‘{2}’)<<0,‘0’)]:[=F(TN(‘{3}’)<<0,‘00’)]|[=F(TN(‘{4}’)<<0,‘0’)]:[=F(TN(‘{5}’)<<0,‘00’)]}|$ {REPORT TASK DETAILS:TSCN.Tip.sum:(TST=Punch) && (TSC.User=$1)}
Persons on this Report: {REPORT TASK DETAILS:TSC.User.asc:(TST=Punch) && T.Completed=True:,}

The difference is in the total line, there is a <<0 to keep the division from rounding up.

2 Likes