Tiny Issue with ticket lister open tags

So i am basically done with my setup except for printing template i will do later.

i cant seem to get rid to the opening tag in the ticket lister,
if i make another matching closing tag (though there is already one in there), then tickets without a note have an extra closing tag show up,
i can live with it, just dont understand why

I didnt want to bother you guys, i tried for long time to play around but if i remove the size tag all together, it just shows the tag before it.

<L><font calibri><block 1,0,0,0 #5ffffff center 80><color #FFFFDD00><size 14>#{TICKET NO}</size></color></block></font>
<L><font calibri><block 1,0,0,0 #5ffffff center 50><color #AA00FF00><size 12>[='{CALL:Time.min('{CREATION MINUTES}')}' < '1' ? '1' :'{CALL:Time.min('{CREATION MINUTES}')}'] mins</size></color></block></font>
<L><font calibri><block 35,0,0,0 #5ffffff center 130><color #FFFFDD00><size 14>{ENTITY NAME:Customers}</size><br/><size 12>{ENTITY DATA:Customers:Name}</size></color></block></font>
<L><color #FFF2F2F2><size 12><block 8,15,0,0 >
{ORDERS}
<L></block></size></color>
<J><font calibri><block 35,0,0,0 #5ffffff center 90><color #FFF79646><size 10>{TICKET QUANTITY SUM} <br/>items</size></color></block></font>
<R><font calibri><block 1,0,0,0 #5ffffff center 100><color #FFF79646>$ </color><color #AA00FF00>{TICKET TOTAL} </color></block></font>
<L><block 1,0,0,0 #5ffffff left 140 wrap><font calibri><color #FFF2F2F2><size 14>{TICKET TAG:Date/Time}</size></color></font><br/><color #FF55BBFF><size 10>[='{CALL:timeRem.timeRem('{TICKET TAG:Date/Time}')}']</size></color></block>
<J><block 1,0,0,0 #5ffffff left 290 wrap><font calibri><color #FF55BBFF><size 10>{NOTE}</size></size></color></font></block>

[ORDERS]
<J>  [=('{QUANTITY}x' + "    ").substring(0, 4)] {NAME} | {TOTAL AMOUNT}<br/>
<J><block 1,0,0,0 #5ffffff left 290 wrap><font calibri><color #FF55BBFF><size 10>{NOTE}</size></size></color></font></block>

You seem to have two </size> closing tags at the end. Probably that

{NOTE}</size></size></color></font></block>

sorry that is to show even when i make an extra closing tag to close the tag that shows on one of the screen then it shows like this

if i remove the extra tag it shows like this (theres an extra opening tag on the tickets that have a note)

Make sure you dont have somewhere i previous rows an extra tag that isnt closed

Also, I just looked at mine, its different then yours but try this order of opening / closing tags

<block><size><font><color> {whatever} </color></font></size></block>

ok ill redo it in that format fingers crossed. will update if it fixes it, thank you

1 Like

You can also set Font Name here so you can skip using Font tags. Unless you have specific columns in specific fonts

1 Like

I removed even double definitions of size in a single block, somehow its worse, i will revert it to the previous one, if someone else encounters this maybe we’ll see

<L><block 1,0,0,0 #5ffffff center 80><size 14><font calibri><color #FFFFDD00>#{TICKET NO}</color></font></size></block>
<L><block 1,0,0,0 #5ffffff center 50><size 12><font calibri><color #AA00FF00>[='{CALL:Time.min('{CREATION MINUTES}')}' < '1' ? '1' :'{CALL:Time.min('{CREATION MINUTES}')}'] mins</color></font></size></block>
<L><block 35,0,0,0 #5ffffff center 130><size 13><font calibri><color #FFFFDD00>{ENTITY NAME:Customers}</color><br/><color #FF55BBFF>{ENTITY DATA:Customers:Name}</color></font></size></block>
<L><block 8,15,0,0 ><size 12><color #FFF2F2F2>
{ORDERS}
<L></color></size></block>
<J><block 35,0,0,0 #5ffffff center 90><size 10><font calibri><color #FFF79646>{TICKET QUANTITY SUM} <br/>items</color></font></size></block>
<R><block 1,0,0,0 #5ffffff center 100><font calibri><color #FFF79646>$ </color><color #AA00FF00>{TICKET TOTAL} </color></font></block>
<L><block 1,0,0,0 #5ffffff left 140 wrap><size 13><font calibri><color #FFF2F2F2>{TICKET TAG:Date/Time}</color><br/><color #FF55BBFF>[='{CALL:timeRem.timeRem('{TICKET TAG:Date/Time}')}']</color></font></size></block>
<J><block 1,0,0,0 #5ffffff left 290 wrap><size 10><font calibri><color #FF55BBFF>{NOTE}</size></color></font></size></block>

[ORDERS]
<J>  [=('{QUANTITY}x' + "    ").substring(0, 4)] {NAME} | {TOTAL AMOUNT}<br/>```

Can you send me an export file for this entity screen? I can have a look on my end and test it live

how do i export the enitity screen lol dont know

can i send a db export to dm?(didnt buy license yet, almost done, will buy soon, so no worries about key being exported)

Manage > Settings > Database Tool > Export to File > Choose your entity screen > Export

PreOrderEntityScreen.zip (1.8 KB)
Heres the entity screen appreciate your help

Try this

<L><block 1,0,0,0 center 80><size 14><color #FFFFDD00>#{TICKET NO}</color></size></block>
<L><block 1,0,0,0 center 50><size 12><color #AA00FF00>[='{CALL:Time.min('{CREATION MINUTES}')}' < '1' ? '1' :'{CALL:Time.min('{CREATION MINUTES}')}'] mins</color></size></block>
<L><block 35,0,0,0 center 130><size 14><color #FFFFDD00>{ENTITY NAME:Customers}</color></size><br/><size 12><color #FFFFDD00>{ENTITY DATA:Customers:Name}</color></size></block>
<L><block 8,15,0,0><size 12><color #FFF2F2F2>
{ORDERS}
<J><font calibri><block 35,0,0,0 #5ffffff center 90><color #FFF79646><size 10>{TICKET QUANTITY SUM} <br/>items</size></color></block></font>
<R><font calibri><block 1,0,0,0 #5ffffff center 100><color #FFF79646>$ </color><color #AA00FF00>{TICKET TOTAL} </color></block></font>
<L><block 1,0,0,0 left 140><size 14><color #FFF2F2F2>{TICKET TAG:DateTime}[='{CALL:timeRem.timeRem('{TICKET TAG:DateTime}')}']</color></size></block>
<L><block 1,0,0,0 left 290><size 10><color #FF55BBFF>
<L>{NOTE}

[ORDERS]
<J>  [=('{QUANTITY}x' + "    ").substring(0, 4)] {NAME} | {TOTAL AMOUNT}<br/>

thank you it has solved the issue with the extra tag, which was the main concern. but it has now broken the template, but nonetheless this is huge improvement, i can play around to fix the template later. The important things was the tag

so it was basically removing the many font tags? just to know

1 Like

Might have to revisit sizes of blocks (that you use to define column sizes) and check your Min/Max Width in the property settings of ticket lister, as well as set whatever font you want to use there.

I redid the order of opening and closing tags, and changed how it lists {NOTE}, similar to how it lists orders.

SambaPOS stores new rows in ticket note (when you press Enter) as two spaces if I am not wrong and then converts it into something else for this widget, couldn’t figure out what

I tried

[=('{NOTE}').replace('  ', ' ')]
[=('{NOTE}').replace('  ', '<br/>')]
[=('{NOTE}').replace('  ', '\n')]

But it didnt behave as I expected

so just had a dumb idea but works, I made a workaround for now,

also for testing purposes i added a space between each character in note to see what it was adding in the background and this was the output just for informational sake.

i made a workaround where if the note length is longer than a character add the tag, which is like a bandaid but works for me i guess

Your input was really helpful, i didnt know how to narrow down the issue. off to the next problem

1 Like